Akshaya Deodhar is an Indian actress who primarily works in the Marathi entertainment industry. She is known for playing the role of Anjali Pathak in the ZEE Marathi television show Tujhyat Jeev Rangala (2016).
Akshaya Deodhar was born on Saturday, 14 May 1994 (age 28 years; as of 2022) in Pune, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. Akshay did her schooling at Ahilyadevi High School, Pune. Later, she attended BMCC College, Pune. Akshaya, while she was in school, used to participate in various inter-school competitions.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-30-34
Akshaya Deodhar belongs to a Brahmin Hindu family in Maharashtra.
Parents & Siblings
Akshaya Deodhar’s father, Mahesh Deodhar, used to work for Indian Railways as a Chief Office Superintendent. Akshaya’s mother, Archana Deodhar, is a homemaker. Akshaya has a sister named Anuja Deodhar.
On 4 December 2022, Akshaya Deodhar got married to Hardeek Joshi, a Marathi actor. Akshaya met Hardeek on the set of the Marathi television show Tujyat Jeev Rangala (2016); in the television show, they were cast opposite each other. In an interview with a media house, Hardeek talked about his relationship with Akshaya and said,
I have known Akshaya for around 5 years. We met on the show Tujyat Jeev Rangala and bonded well. She became my great friend, but the thought of marriage was not in my head. It was my mother who asked me to propose the idea of marriage to Akshaya. She told me, Now you are at home for some time to think about your marriage.’ She even said, ‘This is the right time to get married, otherwise you will get busy with your other projects. But for the love of my mother, I talked to Akshaya and told her that my mother wants us to get married. She told me she is ready but needs to discuss it with her family. Then, I went to talk to her mother. After around six months, the marriage date was finalised. So this is how we both decided to get married.”
Akshaya started her career in acting as a theatre artist. She has worked in various Marathi plays like Binkaamache Sanwaad, Darshan, and Sangeet Manapman.
In 2011, she made her film debut with the Marathi film Shala in which she played the role of Akka.
In 2016, Akshaya made her television debut with the Marathi television show Tujhyat Jeev Rangala in which she played the role of Anjali Pathak.
- In 2012, Akshaya won Maharashtra Times Mata Shravan Queen Award.
- In 2016, she won Colgate Max Fresh 2016’s Face of the Year Awards for her appearance in the Marathi television show Tuzyat Jeev Rangla.
- Food: Chicken Curry, Varan Bhaat, Noodles
- According to Akshaya, she never thought that she would pursue acting as a career. In an interview with a media house, Akshaya talked about this and said,
I have always done anchoring for college shows and while acting was never really the first step out of college, it just happened and I am glad it did. This show too came my way at the right time and it’s bigger than anything I have done. I am extremely glad to be on board.” Pune Times Mirror
- Akshaya Deodhar starred television show, Tujhyat Jeev Rangala was one of the longest-running television shows in the Marathi entertainment industry. The show completed 1256 episodes.
- In 2021, after Akshaya’s television show, Tujhyat Jeev Rangala went off-air, she took a year-long break to recuperate from her routine. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
I am resting at the moment. It’s been a while since the series ended. The series was running for the last four years. I am exercising regularly now. Cultivating new hobbies. Trying out social media. Did some photo shoots. While getting ready for new roles, we need to be strong in mind and body. It is being prepared.” Maharashtra Times
- Akshaya follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- According to Akshaya’s husband, Hardik Joshi, she has anger issues. In an interview, Hardik talked about this and said,
- In her leisure time, Akshaya likes to listen to music and watch movies.