Yash Dayal is an Indian cricketer who has played for Uttar Pradesh and India A teams in domestic cricket. He played for Gujarat Titans in the 2022 and 2023 IPL seasons. He was hit for 5 consecutive sixes by KKR batsman Rinku Singh in an IPL match.
Yash Pal Dayal YouTube – Punjab Kesari UP was born on Saturday, 13 December 1997 (age 25 years; as of 2023) in Chakia Mohalla, Karbala, Prayagraj (then-Allahabad), Uttar Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He started playing cricket during childhood after seeing his father play cricket. He started playing cricket at the age of eight and played in a senior division match at the age of ten. He attended Bishop Johnson School, Prayagraj where he started training in cricket under Ghulam Murtaza, father of cricketer Ali Murtaza, at the age of twelve. He later did his schooling at Kendriya Vidyalaya, New Cantt, Prayagraj and played many tournaments for his school. He trained at Allahabad Cricket Academy. He played in regional-level and national-level teams and captained the Varanasi region team for the National school tournament. Facebook – Yash Dayal When he was in 10th standard, his father asked him if he wanted to become a cricketer or focus on his studies; then he decided to become a professional cricketer. He pursued a Bachelor’s degree (Honours) in Arts in Psychology at the Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHUATS), Prayagraj. Facebook – SHUATS
Height (approx.): 6′ 0″
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
He was born into a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Chandrapal Dayal, and his mother’s name is Radha Dayal. His father was also a fast bowler during his youth and played in Vizzy Trophy for Allahabad University in the 1980s. He works in the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) office of India. He has an elder sister named Shuchi Dayal who is a dietician.
Wife & Children
He is unmarried.
He is single.
He played for the SGFI Under-16 team in 2011. He later represented the Uttar Pradesh Under-21 and Under-23 teams.
He played his debut one-day match for Uttar Pradesh on 21 September 2018 against Chhattisgarh in the Vijay Hazare Trophy and took 1 wicket for 41 runs. He played his debut Ranji match for the Uttar Pradesh team on 1 November 2018 against Goa and took 2 wickets for 74 runs in the match. He played his debut T20 match for Uttar Pradesh on 21 February 2019 against Maharashtra in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and took 1 wicket for 17 runs. He took 5 wickets for 48 runs in an innings in a Ranji match, and 9 wickets for 121 runs in a Ranji match. He played for India A team in New Zealand A tour of India in 2022. In the 2022 Vijay Hazare Trophy, he was among the five highest wicket-takers with 14 wickets in 7 matches at an average of 17.35 and an economy of 3.77.
Indian Premier League (IPL)
In the 2022 Mega-auction of the 2022 IPL season, he was acquired by Rs 3.2 crores by Gujarat Titans (GT) against the base price of Rs 20 lakhs. He played his debut IPL match on 13 April 2022 against Rajasthan Royals. He helped Titans to win the 2022 IPL tournament by taking 11 wickets in 9 matches at an average of 26.91 and an economy of 9.25 with the best bowling figures of 3 wickets for 40 runs.
In the match against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in the 2023 IPL on 9 April 2023, he was hit for 5 consecutive sixes by KKR batter and Uttar Pradesh teammate Rinku Singh who won the match for KKR as KKR needed 28 runs off the last over to win. Dayal was seen holding his head with his hands in disappointment after the loss; however, KKR tweeted that Dayal was a champion, and it was a bad day on the field. He gave 69 runs in 4 overs during the match, which became the second-highest conceded runs in IPL.
Chin up, lad. Just a hard day at the office, happens to the best of players in cricket. You’re a champion, Yash, and you’re gonna come back strong 💜🫂@gujarat_titans pic.twitter.com/M0aOQEtlsx
— KolkataKnightRiders (@KKRiders) April 9, 2023
He owns a Honda X-Blade bike.
He owns an MG Hector SUV.
- Cricketer: Zaheer Khan
- Food: Chicken Biryani
- Actress: Disha Patani
- Bollywood Film: Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
- Hollywood Film: Battleship
- His batting style is right-handed, and his bowling style is left-handed fast. He regularly bowls at speeds around 140 kmph.
- He said in an interview that had he not become a cricketer, he would have become a Chartered Accountant (CA).
- He likes to play Basketball in his leisure time.
- His favourite subject during school was history.
- His nickname is Honey. Facebook – Yash Dayal
- During his childhood, he used to practice bowling on the roof of his house during the afternoon which angered his school teachers who told him that there is no future in cricket.
- His nature on the field is cool, and he does not like to speak too much.
- During India’s series against West Indies in February 2021, he was a net bowler for the Indian team.
- He said in an interview that his parents supported him a lot during his journey. He said that he was a lazy person and used to wake up late; however, his father used to keep everything ready he needed during the practice. He later realised he should not depend on his father and became a self-reliant person.
- In November 2022, he was selected for the Indian team for the series against Bangladesh; however, he was later ruled out of the series. Hindustan Times