Aryan Dutt is a Dutch cricketer of Indian origin who has played many matches for the Netherlands team. He emerged as one of the best spin bowlers in the Netherlands during the 2023 ODI World Cup.
Aryan Dutt was born on Monday, 12 May 2003 (age 20 years; as of 2023) in the Hague, Netherlands. His zodiac sign is Taurus. He later moved to Amsterdam with his family. He used to play football (soccer) during his early childhood; however, his father revealed in an interview that Aryan started playing cricket after watching the batting of the legendary Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar. He decided to become a cricketer at the age of eight when he saw India winning the 2011 ICC ODI World Cup.
At the age of thirteen, he was sent to Chandigarh, India from the Netherlands to train under Amit Uniyal, a former Ranji cricketer from Punjab who also played in the Indian Premier League (IPL); Amit met Aryan’s father for the first time when Amit was playing in a cricket tournament in the Netherlands. Between 2013 and 2019, Aryan trained under Amit for 6 months every year at Gurusagar Cricket Academy.
Aryan initially started playing as a fast bowler and batsman; however, he started getting injured due to a sudden increase in his height during his teenage years and later switched to spin bowling.
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 85 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 32″, Biceps 14″
He belongs to a Hindu family that traces its roots to Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India and migrated to the Netherlands in the 1980s.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Rakesh Dutt, is a former amateur cricketer and bowling analyst, and his mother’s name is Madhu Dutt.
Wife & Children
He is unmarried and has no children.
He is single.
Aryan Dutt is a Dutch citizen.
He used to practice near his house during his formative years, where he was spotted by the former Netherlands cricket and father of Bas de Leede, Tim de Leede, who told him to come to Voorburg Cricket Club Academy for further training. He later played Topklasse (domestic List A/one-day cricket tournament in the Netherlands) for the Voorburg Cricket Club.
Netherlands Under-19 & Netherlands A
He played for Netherlands Under-19 during the 2021 ICC Under-19 World Cup Europe Qualifier and played for the Netherlands A team during their series against Ireland Wolves in May 2021.
He debuted in ODIs on 19 May 2021 against Scotland and scored 8 runs not out and took 1 wicket for 10 runs. During the 2022 series against West Indies, he took the wicket of West Indies quick hitter Nicholas Pooran in all three matches, below the individual score of 10 runs in each game.
In the 2023 ODI World Cup Qualifier Tournament, he took 7 wickets in 8 matches with the best bowling figures of 3 wickets for 31 runs.
ODI World Cup
Aryan Dutt made a name for himself in the 2023 ODI World Cup with both, the ball and the bat; he also bowled well during the powerplays. During the match against South Africa, he scored 23 runs not out off 9 balls which included 3 sixes. During the match against Sri Lanka, he took 3 wickets for 44 runs.
— Milind MGR (@milindrathi7) October 17, 2023
Aryan Dutt played his debut T20I match on 17 April 2021 against Nepal and conceded 19 runs in an over without a wicket.
He wears jersey number 88 for the Netherlands during the international fixtures.
- Most sixes in an ODI World Cup innings by a batsman batting on number 10 or below (3 sixes; shared with Shoaib Akhtar and Daren Powell)
He has some Roman numerals inked on his left elbow and a tattoo on his right thigh.
- His batting style is right-handed, and his bowling style is right-arm off-break.
- His height growth during puberty was so quick that his shoe size changed within a span of one month. In June 2022, Aryan tweeted that his UK shoe size is 15. Twitter – Aryan Dutt As of October 2023, he wears Indian shoe size 12 as per his coach, Amit Uniyal.
- When Aryan was a child, he was once practising straight drive shots with his father on a synthetic football ground when a ball hit him just above his eye, and he started bleeding. While the doctor said that he could have lost his eye, Aryan said that he would keep playing in spite of any injury. Facebook – ICC
- His favourite cricketer is Mahendra Singh Dhoni. He also follows and takes inspiration from reputed bowlers such as Ravichandran Ashwin, Nathan Lyon, and Harbhajan Singh. He also follows the news of the Indian Premier League (IPL) team Chennai Super Kings (CSK) due to MSD.
- Before the match against India in the 2023 ODI World Cup, Aryan said that the best gift for him would be the wicket of Virat Kohli. India Today
- While talking about Aryan’s discipline in an interview, his father revealed that Aryan’s grandfather, Baldev Dutt, was a Major in the Indian Army, and they have instilled a sense of hard work in him.
- He often celebrates many Hindu festivals such as Diwali and sometimes posts on his Instagram account. Instagram – Aryan Dutt