Vasudha Rai is an Indian beauty influencer and a columnist. She worked as a beauty director at various Indian magazines including Harper’s Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and Women’s Health. She is an author of a book titled Glow: Indian Foods, Recipes and Rituals for Beauty, Inside and Outside. She writes beauty articles on her blog https://www.vbeauty.co/blog.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her parents’ names are not known.
Husband & Children
There is no information on the internet about her personal life.
In 2002, she started working in Cosmopolitan magazine as a beauty writer. Vasudha Rai later worked as a beauty director of Harper’s Bazaar and Women’s Health magazines in India. She has been writing beauty blogs for approximately 15 years. She works with various dermatologists, makeup artists, nutritionists, and yoga gurus for beauty guidance. She also works as a columnist with the leading Indian newspapers like The Hindu. She regularly contributes her publications to various magazines and tabloids like Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue, Elle and HT Mint. Vasudha also works as a professional yoga teacher at Yoga Studio, New Delhi. Her debut book was Glow: Indian Foods, Recipes and Rituals for Beauty, Inside and Outside that was published by Penguin India on 23 August 2018.
According to Vasudha Rai, the synopsis of the book is,
Whoever said that great skin is purely genetic has obviously never harnessed the power of beauty foods. While it is possible to fake great skin with make-up, you can only be truly radiant when you nourish your body from within.”
She is a beauty influencer on Instagram. She has over 64k followers on Instagram. On her Instagram account, she displays different beauty products and their usage to glowing skin at home.
As a social media influencer in beauty products, she was once asked about her daily routine in a conversation with a media house. She then replied,
I wash my face with plain water… no face wash in the morning. I then apply SkinCeuticals C+E Ferulic, which helps brighten skin and prevent fine lines and pigmentation. I then top it with Dr Hauchska Rose Day Cream. I have sensitive skin, so I use VMV Hypoallergenics Armada Sport Sunscreen. It has SPF 60, but once I’m done with it I’m never using a product with SPF higher than 30.”
She further added the products she applied to her face at the end of the day. She narrated,
I massage my face with pure apricot oil that my yoga teacher got me from Ladakh. Then I wipe it off with a hot towel. If I’m only wearing powder and lipstick (which is almost always the case), I massage a pea-sized drop of Julisis Silver Wash Night with a drop of Manuka Essential Oil into my face. I then splash my face seven times with hot (but not scalding) water. And that’s it. It’s the modern variation of the old Erno Laszlo method. No night creams, etc. for me.”
She is also a face massage expert.
Colours: Red, Black, Metallics, OPI Glitzerland
Concealers: Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector and Concealer, Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Concealer
Foundation: Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation
Products: Purearth Wild Rose and Seabuck Face Cream, Rahua Volumizing Conditioner, Forest Essentials Silkening Shower Wash in Bengal Tuberose, Guerlain Shalimar Eau de Toilette, the original Coco by Chanel, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara, Ananda in The Himalayas Cleansing Cream, Bobbi Brown Eye Liner, Chanel Retractable Kabuki Brush, Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque, YSL Eye Shadows, Benefit Sun Beam, The Body Shop Bath Gloves, Creme de La Mer Regenerating Serum, L’Occitane Hand and Foot Creams
Perfumes: Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold, Givenchy Organza, Hermes Un Jardin Sur La Lagune, Byredo Black Saffron, Coco by Chanel
- Vasudha Rai occasionally drinks alcohol.
- Vasudha’s favourite eye product is – Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil. Her favourite lip products are Cowshed Lippy Cow Natural Lip Balm and Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo in Message.
- Vasudha Rai follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Several magazines and tabloids often feature her on their cover page.
- In a conversation with a media house, Vasudha explained the difference between a beauty editor and a beauty influencer. She said,
I think as a beauty editor you need to do a lot more research. If you are writing for a big magazine then you cannot claim things based on your knowledge, every claim has to be backed up with research. Also beauty editors are constantly looking out for new faces, fresh writers, makeup artists – more collaborations than influencers I suppose.”
- She often organises and attends various online social media live events based on rejuvenating beauty.
- According to Vasudha Rai, her favourite homemade beauty recipe is applying aloe vera at night, and a beauty tip by her is that one should start using anti-ageing products only after the age of 25. Be Bad Ass In a conversation with a media house, Vasudha Rai said that according to her beauty was,
Feeling happy, energised, radiant and peaceful.”
- Vasudha Rai is an animal lover. She often posts pictures of her pet dog on her social media accounts.
She also posted a picture on her Instagram account while kissing a cow.
- In an interview with the India Today media house, Vasudha Rai narrated why she started writing her own blog. She said,
I started my beauty blog because I had been writing on beauty and wellness for close to 15 years and I wanted to share my learnings directly with people. I wanted to have one platform that spoke about not just make-up and skincare but deeper aspects of beauty such as health, nutrition, mental make-up, yoga, meditation-all the things that make people beautiful. I started VBeauty because I wanted to encourage people to not just look good at a superficial level.”
- On her social media accounts, Vasudha Rai often endorses various beauty products and brands.
- Vasudha is a yoga enthusiast and a certified yoga teacher. She does yoga regularly to keep her body fit.
- Vasudha Rai often discusses her beauty tips and advice as a beauty influencer on several radio channels.
- In 2018, Vasudha Rai was on the nomination list for the Cosmo India Blogger awards. She was spotted attending the event on 3 April 2018.
- In an interview, Vasudha Rai revealed the beauty procedures and treatments to be applied according to different age groups.