Thendral Raghunathan is an Indian advocate turned actress and model. She worked as a legal activist and advisor before she paved her way into the Tamil film industry.
Thendral Raghunathan was born on 11 April in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. Her zodiac sign is Aries. She received a bachelor’s degree in Law. When she was studying in the 9th standard, she decided she wanted to become an actress.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-26-30
She belongs to a Tamil family.
Parents & Siblings
She has two sisters and a brother; one of her sisters’ names is Ezhil Raghunathan and her other sister is an influencer.
She is unmarried.
After obtaining a law degree, Thendral became an advocate and practised for three years until she decided to quit. She began looking for work opportunities in films. Initially, Thendral, who was unaware of how the film industry works, sent her portfolios to multiple production companies. It took her more than a year to finally receive a role in a Tamil film. In 2018, she made her acting debut with the film Tamizh Padam 2: Police Athiyayam.
In 2021, she was featured in an award-winning short film titled Anbirkum Undo. In this, she played the role of Jaseera.
In 2022, she appeared in a TV mini-series titled Pettaikaali, starring Kishore Kumar G., Kalaiyarasan, and Vela Ramamoorthy.
In 2022, she played the role of a doctor in an Indian Tamil-language adventure drama film titled Sembi, which was directed by Prabhu Solomon.
In 2023, she played the role of lead’s mother in an Indian Tamil-language period crime thriller film titled Viduthalai Part 1 ( transl. Liberation Part 1).
She played a supporting role in the Indian television series Soppana Sundari, which premiered on Disney+ Hotstar on 14 April 2023.
She has modelled for several TV commercials and print ads.
- Her family fondly calls her Asha.
- She is the only actress in her family.
- In an interview, Thendral said that when she first got into the acting industry, she did not know how to choose prominent roles. Later, she started socialising more with people who taught her a lot about the cinema world works.
- Thendral talked about her role in the mini-series Pettaikaali (2022) in an interview and said that she fell in love with her character in the series and got excited day by day to work on the sets of director La Rajkumar and his team.
- Her favourite actor is Kishore Kumar G.
- She has been invited as a guest speaker at several colleges and universities including Thiagarajar Polytechnic College in Salem, Tamil Nadu, where she spoke on the topic of Constitutional values and fundamental principles of the Indian constitution in 2020.
- In the film Viduthalai (2023), Thendral had to perform in a nude scene. While talking about this in an interview, she said that she felt comfortable and fearless while doing the scene.
One day at 7 o’clock in the night I met and talked to Vetimaaran sir. Then he said come. he did not test me to speak verse. The next day, I attended the shoot. When I first acted in this film, I didn’t know what character I was going to play. I didn’t even want to ask about it because it was a Vetrimaran film. It was on the set. I was asked to act in the police station scene without clothes. I did not feel any fear or hesitation while acting like that. I just felt safe there. To be honest, I didn’t act naked without clothes in the shoot. After editing, they were showing it on the screen. And I don’t even know what the character is in this movie. He said that he came to know that I have played the heroine’s mother only while dubbing in this film.”
- In her leisure time, she practices yoga and meditation.