Sudarshan Rangaprasad is an Indian actor and stand-up comedian. He is known for his YouTube channel Lolbagh.
Sudarshan Rangaprasad was born on Sunday, 14 September 1986 (age 37 years; as of 2023) in Bengaluru, Karnatka. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He pursued a Bachelor of Engineering degree at Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, Karnataka, in 2008. In 2020, he completed his MBA at the Technische Hochschule Nürnberg Georg Simon Ohm, Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sudarshan Rangaprasad belongs to a middle-class South Indian family.
Parents & Siblings
Sudarshan Rangaprasad has a younger brother, Shashank Rangaprasad, who is an actor, filmmaker, and biker. There is not much information about his parents.
Wife & Children
Sudarshan Rangaprasad got married to actress Sangeetha Bhat on 11 April 2016 in a traditional South Indian Hindu wedding.
Sudarshan Rangaprasad was in a relationship with Sangeetha Bhat for four years before they tied the knot in April 2016. They met on the set of the Kannada film Preethi Geethi Ityaadi (2014) in which Sangeetha was the lead actress and Sudarshan played the role of the ex-boyfriend of Sangeetha’s character. The Times of India
He quit his MBA to pursue acting full-time in 2009. He joined an English theatre club in Bangalore for which he performed in a play based on the life of an Indian-Hungarian painter Amrita Sher-Gil in 2016.
In 2016, Sudarshan Rangaprasad started doing stand-up comedy in local clubs in Bangalore. In 2017, Sudarshan Rangaprasad started a YouTube channel, “Lolbagh,” which was which was a group of Kannada stand-up comedians, who performed standup comedy, improv, and ventriloquism. He uploaded the videos of his stand-up shows on the channel. During the COVID-19 lockdown, he, along with group members of LolBagh, started uploading comedy videos, which they shot at their homes on their YouTube channel.
In 2020, Sudarshan appeared in the Voot original Kannada language reality show Comediga. In the show, there were 9 stand-up comedians, and Sudarshan appeared in the 4th episode, performing stand-up on the topic of middle-class family shopping outings.
In 2013, Sudarshan Rangaprasad starred in the Kannada film Googly in which he played the role of an event host. In 2014, Sudarshan Rangaprasad appeared in the Kannada film Preethi Geethi Ityaadi in which he played the role of the lead female character’s ex-boyfriend.
In 2019, Sudarshan Rangaprasad appeared on television for the first time in the 94th episode of the 6th season of Bigg Boss Kannada. Sudarshan along with Pavan Venugopal, an Indian stand-up comedian, made a guest appearance on the show. In 2022, Sudarshan Rangaprasad started appearing in the Kannada television serial Bhagyalakshmi in which he played the role of Tandav Suryavamshi, a toxic and abusive husband. The show premiered on 10 October 2022 on Colors Kannada.
Sudarshan Rangaprasad has directed many short films. In October 2020, he directed one of the Acts from the play Romeo & Juliet. The entire show rehearsals and the final show were done over Zoom.
In October 2023, Sudarshan Rangaprasad won the People’s Favourite Award at the Anubandha Awards 2023.
- In October 2019, Sudarshan Rangaprasad filed a complaint with the cyber cell as he received multiple death threats over a joke on the KGF star in one of his earlier shows in 2017. In 2017, during one of his shows, Sudarshan Rangaprasad mimicked Yash’s dialogue to showcase how people around him would come up with advice during his PUC days, which was not well taken by Yash’s fans and started thrashing Sudarshan on the internet and even made death threats. Later, in an interview, Sudarshan claimed that he did not mean to insult the actor it was just a joke and said,
I have worked with Yash and a fan myself of him. People are mistaking my comment and abusing me badly. I request them not to take the joke, very seriously, and stop this trolling immediately. I did not intend to hurt or disrespect anyone.”
- Sudarshan Rangaprasad enjoys travelling and has travelled to many countries including Bali, France, Germany, and Czech Republic.
- In October 2019, Sudarshan Rangaprasad attended the Oktoberfest in Munich, Bavaria.
- In 2013, Sudarshan Rangaprasad backpacked through Europe with his friends.
- In 2018, Sudarshan Rangaprasad was featured on the cover of Bangalore Times.
- Sudarshan Rangaprasad enjoys sketching and often uploads his sketches on Instagram.