Shanoor Sana Begum is an Indian actress and model who mainly works in the Telugu cinema. She is popular by her nickname, Sana. She has played supporting roles in around 200 films.
Shanoor Sana Begum was born on Monday, 22 March 1971 (age 49 years; as in 2020) in Hyderabad. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
She did her schooling from Andhra Pradesh. While Shanoor was still in school, she got married to Sadath.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about her father. Her mother’s name is Zaythoon Begum. She has one elder brother.
Husband & Children
Shanoor got married to Sadath while she was in her teens. Together they have a son, Syed Anwar Ahmed (filmmaker) and a daughter, Tabassum Begum. Her son, Syed Anwar Ahmed is married to Sameera Sherief (actress).
Shanoor started her acting career in 1994 by playing a small role in the Telugu film, “Ninne Pelladatha.”
Subsequently, she appeared in films like “Aavida Maa Aavide,” “Kodanda Ramudu,” “Ee Abbai Chala Manchodu,” “Sri Mahalakshmi,” “Betting Bangaraju,” “Namaste Madam,” and “Raja The Great.”
She made her television debut with the TV serial, “Jeevitham” in which she played the role of female lead’s mother. Some of her popular TV serials include “Chakravakam,” “Ponmagal Vanthal,” “Adi Parashakti” and “Siri Siri Muvvalu.”
- Food: Biryani, Hyderabadi Mutton Kofta Curry
- Beverage: Coffee
- Dessert: Khoa Puri
- Holiday Destination: Dubai
- Sport: Basketball
- Her hobbies include dancing and travelling.
- She is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
- Shanoor’s friend and family fondly call her Sana.
- In 2020, Shanoor along with her daughter-in-law, Sameera Sherief started a YouTube channel on which they provide cooking methods and tips.
- Sana is fond of dogs and keeps sharing her pictures with her pet dogs on Instagram.
- She keeps herself fit by doing yoga.