Shanmukh Jaswanth is a YouTube sensation and actor who is best known for appearing in the web series Men Will Be Men (2017) and The Software Devloveper (2020). He is also known for uploading dance covers of various popular Telugu songs like You and Me, Guvva Gorinka, Adavari Matalaku Ardhale Verule, and Me Me on his YouTube channel.
Shanmukh Jaswanth was born as Shanmukh Jaswanth Kandregula on Friday, 16 September 1994 (age 26 years; as of 2020), and he hails from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Although Shanmukh never pursued a professional dance course, since childhood he was interested in performing arts.
In 2013, after attending Amrita School of Engineering in Bengaluru for a year, he pursued Bachelor of Business Management at Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management.Facebook During his graduation days, he used to upload short videos of his dance choreographies on his Facebook account.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Shanmukh’s father’s name is Apparao Kandregula, and his mother’s name is Umarani Kandregula. His brother, Sampath Vinay, is an entrepreneur.
Relationships, Wife & Children
His girlfriend, Deepthi Sunaina, is a social media influencer, dancer, and actress.
In July 2012, Shanmukh Jaswanth started his YouTube channel and uploaded his first video titled ‘Cadbury Laddu Ad By Shanmukh,’ meanwhile, he also appeared in various videos of VIVA, a YouTube channel that produces entertainment-centric content. In 2013, he outshined his co-actors in the YouTube video titled “The Viva by Sabarish Kandregula,” which went viral on the internet. In the video, Shanmukh tickled the funny bone of the audience with his illogical definition of optical fiber.
Thereafter, he appeared in various videos of VIVA like The Interview by Sabarish Kandregula (2013), The Big Fat Proposal (2016), and the series of ‘Viva News.’
In an interview, Shanmukh revealed that soon after working with VIVA, he found himself typecast for the role of the senseless and idiotic interviewee. He said,
After VIVA, I got a few offers where my character was restricted to that of VIVA which didn’t interest me. I am looking for a meaty role.”
Later, he started uploading dance covers of various songs like Hosanna, Kala Chashma, and Bezuban. On 10 January 2017, he gained recognition after uploading the dancer cover of the song ‘You and Me’ from the film Khaidi No 150 (2017) on his YouTube channel.
Although his dance covers were immensely popular, he had to quit making it as he started facing copyright issues from various filmmakers. He was also appreciated for his performance in the YouTube comedy series ‘Men Will Be Men.’ In 2020, he came into the limelight with the Telugu comedy series ‘The Software Devloveper’ in which he played the role of Mr Shannu, a shy middle-class boy working in a software company who falls in love with Vaishnavi, while she treats him just like a friend.
He has also appeared in various short films like Seetha I’m Not A Virgin (2017), Boomerang (2017) and Chaturvyuha (2018). As of 2021, he has over two million subscribers on his YouTube channel.
In 2021, he appeared as a contestant, along with his team named ‘Darjeeling Devils,’ in the dance reality show ‘Dance Plus Telugu.’
- In March 2017, a complaint was filed against the short-film “Sita, I Am Not A Virgin,” starring Shanmukh Jaswanth, and his girlfriend Deepthi Sunaina. Reportedly, the complaint was lodged against the film as the title of the film triggered the anger of the Hindu community. In Hinduism, ‘Sita’ is a goddess and one of the central figures of the Hindu epic Ramayana, hence, using the phrase ‘I am not a virgin’ hurt the sentiments of Hindus. While reciprocating the haters, Shanmukh said,
Whatever is happening is ridiculous. Our aim was to send out a message. It is a bold subject, but there’s nothing controversial like people are making it out to be. Sita is just the name of a character, and the film has nothing to do with the Ramayana. Without watching the film, assumptions are being made based on the title.”
Later, the title was changed to Seetha I’m Not A Virgin (2017) to dismiss the charges. The Asian Age
- Dancer(s): Matt Steffanina, Melvin Louis
- Actor(s): Suriya, Allu Arjun
- The infinity tattoo on his right wrist has “AUSS” inked in the middle. “AUSS” is an abbreviation that consists of initial alphabets of the names of Shanmukh’s family members; i.e Apparao, Umarani, Sampath, and Shanmukh.
- Shanmukh also has a matching tattoo with his girlfriend, Deepthi Sunaina.
- In 2017, Shanmukh received YouTube Silver Play Button.
- He won the Best Performer- Male Award at Padmamohana YouTube Awards (2020) for the YouTube series ‘The Software Devloveper (2020)’
References [ + ]