Sanvikaa is an Indian actress who is known for her role as Rinki in TVF’s web series titled ‘Panchayat’.
Sanvika started doing theatre while she was in college. She completed her engineering but soon realised that she did not want to do a 9-5 job which involved Excel sheets. She lied to a her family, when she took a favour from one of her friends and shifted to Mumbai on the pretext of doing a job in Bangalore. She lived with her friends in Mumbai for a while after relocating to the city in search of something passionate to do. Her zodiac sign is Pisces.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-30-34
Sanvikaa rocking an all-white outfit
When Sanvikaa relocated to Mumbai, she did not know if she could act. So initially, she worked as a Costume AD during shoots. She then decided to give acting a try and gave about 10 auditions, after which she cracked an ad for Dominoes. She started taking part in acting workshops to learn more about acting in depth. She did a few small roles including a cameo as a journalist for different shows or ads. She revealed in an interview that during her struggling days, her friends and flatmates supported her both emotionally as well as financially. She also recalled that she went for the audition of an ad-shoot when a random stranger asked her if she wanted to give an audition for a show made by The Viral Fever aka TVF at the same place.
She agreed to give the audition with the intention to make contacts with the casting directors so that she could get further updates about different auditions. However; it must have been destined that she got selected for the role of Pradhan
Ji’s daughter Rinki, who also happens to be the love interest of the protagonist Abhishek Tripathi, played wonderfully by Jitendra Kumar in the comedy-drama web series, Panchayat. She also stated in her interview that she was hugely supported by her co-star Jitendra Kumar during the shooting.
- Films: Black Swan, NH10
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- Genre in Films: Action, Women centric
- She is an animal lover.
- Sanvikaa enjoys monsoon a lot.
- She did not tell her parents about the release of her first major web-series, Panchayat 2, because she wanted to see it first to make sure whether her acting was worth showing to her parents and family or not. She revealed in a conversation with media that after 2 days of the release of her web series, her family started getting flooded with congratulatory calls from relatives and friends and this was how her family actually got to know about her web series.
- According to Sanvikaa, she never dreamt of becoming an actress because she believes that she has a very shy and introvert personality. She also added that she is an intuitive person, and she takes decisions on the basis of her gut feeling.
- In an interview she stated that she would prefer doing regional movies especially Malayalam and Bengali films.
- Sanvikaa doesn’t like dancing because of her shy personality but she did reveal it in an interview that as a child, she used to copy Hrithik Roshan’s iconic step from ‘Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai’ whenever she used to be alone in a room.
- She revealed in an interview that during her struggling days, she was subjected to unfair treatment on the sets. She further elaborated that in the industry, people who portray small characters are treated with less respect and are belittled in a way as their food is kept separate from that of the lead actors. She added that in certain shoots, the
director does not even bother talking to them or explaining them the scene and that it is the assistant director who does all the explaining to these people. She ended the discussion by saying that this unfair treatment gave her a boost in a way to be on the other side of the scenario.
- In an interview, upon being asked about the hate or criticism that actors often receive, she replied that although the hate affects her, she just sleeps without thinking much about it and forgets it the other day.
- Her hobbies include sketching, cooking and listening to music.