Rishabh Sawhney is an Indian actor who came into the spotlight with the Bollywood aerial action film Fighter (2024) in which he played the antagonist.
Rishabh Sawhney hails from New Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 85 Kgs
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Moss Green
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 44″, Waist: 28″, Bicep:18″
Parents & Siblings
Rishabh Sawhney’s father’s name is Ravinder Sawhney, and his mother’s name is Deepali Babbar Sawhney. His sister’s name is Shristhi Sawhney Sabherwal.
Wife & Children
He is unmarried.
As a Model
Rishabh Sawhney began his career in the entertainment industry by competing in a men’s physique competition.
As a model, he has graced the runways for renowned fashion designers such as Shantanu and Nikhil. He appeared as a model in the video advertisements of various brands like Script – A Godrej Venture and Vivo S1 Pro. He has been featured as a model in the print advertisements of various brands like American Express, SKINN By Titan, and Tata Cliq Luxury’s Indiluxe.
In 2022, he was featured as a model in the music video of Baat Kar-Faridkot.
As an Actor
Following a career in modelling and theatre, Rishabh Sawhney made his acting debut with the period drama web series The Empire (2021) in which he played the role of Babur’s brother Mehmood, alongside Dino Morea, Kunal Kapoor, and Drashti Dhami. The show streamed on Disney+ Hotstar.
Sawhney made his Bollywood debut with the ariel action film Fighter (2024) in which he played the role of a terrorist. He shared the screen with actors like Hrithik Roshan, Deepika Padukone, and Anil Kapoor. Sawhney’s shots in the film handling a machine gun and doing a fistfight with Hrithik Roshan stole the limelight.
Rishabh Sawhney has also worked in the casting departments of a few projects. He was a casting assistant for various web series like Disney+ Hotstar’s The Empire (2021), ZEE5’s Kaun Banegi Shikharwati (2022), and Amazon’s Bestseller (2022). He was also the producer of the music video of Baat Kar by Faridkot (2022).
- An Om tattoo on his left bicep
- A tattoo on the inside of her right arm
- A tattoo on the left side of his upper back
- Rishabh Sawhney used to be chubby during his teens. He started working out towards the end of college. By the end of his schooling, he weighed 120kgs. With sheer determination, he brought down his weight to 58kgs by the time he graduated. During his school days in New Delhi, he used to eat a lot of junk food. His food habits changed when he shifted from New Delhi to Vellore, a small city in Tamil Nadu, which did not have any food chains at that time. In an Instagram post, while explaining how he lost weight, he said,
Vellore is village and back then there were no known food chains in vellore and i didnt take well to the mess food. Plus getting good food from the restaurant was tedious as it was too far away and walking was mostly the only way to get food and i was lazy so i stopped eating properly and started loosing weight. Since i saw myself loosing weight i took saw a hack to loose weight so i started having only dinner for about 6 months ,no breakfast no lunch and everytime i was hungry i used to have a full bottle of water to fill up lol. I was walking everywhere and using the stairs instead of the lift.”
Within the first semester, he lost 30 kgs and since he was getting thinner, he felt he shouldn’t stop. Therefore, he continued this trend for another 6 months and by the time he finished his first year, he had lost around 60 kgs. Eventually, he decided to compete in a men’s physique competition. He competed in two of those but then suffered a shoulder injury following which he took a break for about 4-5 months. After recovering, he continued his bodybuilding and fitness journey.
- He occasionally smokes cigars.
- He likes watching films and web series and has seen a lot of Greek mythological shows. Game of Thrones is his favourite series. To prepare for the period drama web series The Empire (2021), he watched the Turkish historical fiction Diriliş: Ertuğrul and films like Jodha Akbar (2013), Bajirao Mastani (2015), and Padmaavat (2018).