Burak Deniz is a Turkish actor and model known for his work in Turkish television series and films. He is predominantly known for playing the role of Murat Sarsılmaz in the television series ‘Aşk Laftan Anlamaz’ (Urdu version ‘Pyaar Lafzon Mein Kahan’) in 2016.
Burak Deniz was born on Sunday, 17 February 1991 (age 32 years; as of 2023) in Istanbul, Turkey. He grew up in İzmit, where he attended 50. Yıl Cumhuriyet Primary School. He graduated from Gazi Anatolian High School in Ankara, Turkey. He later studied Art History at Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Turkey.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42 inches, Waist: 32 inches, Biceps: 16 inches
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Teoman Deniz, he died in 2020. He is the only child of his parents.
He is unmarried.
He started dating Turkish actress and model Büşra Develi in 2015 while shooting the television series ‘Tatlı Küçük Yalancılar.’ After dating each other for almost three years, the couple broke up in 2018. Milliyet
In 2020, he started dating the Turkish actress Didem Soydan. However, the couple broke up in 2021, after dating each other for almost one year. Al Bawaba
In 2022, rumours were spread about his relationship with Şahika Ercümen, Turkish dietitian and world record-holder free-diver, after they were spotted holding each other’s hands at Burak’s 31st birthday party. Hürriyet
Burak Deniz made his film debut with the film ‘Arada’ (2018) in which he played the role of Ozan, a punk teenager.
In 2022, he played the role of Semih in the film ‘Kal,’ released on Netflix.
Burak Deniz made his television debut with the TV series ‘Kolej Günlüğü’ (2011) in which he played the supporting role of Onur.
In 2015, he played the role of Aras in the TV series ‘Medcezir.’ The series is an adaptation of the popular American TV series ‘The O.C.’ In the same year, he appeared in the TV series ‘Tatlı Küçük Yalancılar,’ which is based on the American TV show ‘Pretty Little Liars.’ He rose to fame after playing the lead role of Murat Sarsılmaz in the TV series ‘Aşk Laftan Anlamaz’ (2016) opposite Hande Erçel. The Urdu version of the series is popular in India and Pakistan under the title ‘Pyaar Lafzon Mein Kahan.’
Some more famous TV series of Burak Deniz include ‘Sultan’ (2012), ‘Kaçak’ (2013), and ‘Bizim Hikaye’ (2017).
In 2020, Burak Deniz appeared in the Turkish web series ‘Yarım Kalan Aşklar,’ opposite Dilan Çiçek Deniz.
In 2022, he played the role of Asaf in the Italian web series ‘The Ignorant Angels,’ released on Disney+. In 2023, he appeared in the Turkish web series ‘Şahmaran,’ which premiered on Netflix.
Row with Nilperi Şahinkaya
In September 2022, Burak Deniz had an argument with the Turkish actress Nilperi Şahinkaya and her lover Emre Yusufi at the Sheraton Hotel in Adana, Turkey. According to some reports, Burak Deniz was in Adana for the shooting of the TV series ‘Şahmeran,’ and Nilperi Şahinkaya came to the city to attend the Golden Boll Film Festival. Allegedly, Burak Deniz was heavily drunk and when he saw Nilperi Şahinkaya sitting with her lover and friends in the hotel, Burak went to their table and started cursing and yelling at them. The actress later said that she will take legal action against Burak Deniz for his misbehaviour. However, the actor later apologized for his actions by posting a message on his social media account, that reads,
I would like to present to your information my statement on the subject, which has occupied the public since last Friday and caused many allegations.
I would like to state that I am very sorry again for the incident that I experienced with Nilperi Şahinkaya, her boyfriend Emre Yusufi and her friend Deniz Akıncı at the hotel where we were due to the festival, and which resulted in me breaking my friends in a way I did not want. In the morning of a rather unpleasant night when I wanted to joke, I tried to contact them directly, both through my manager and myself, to apologize immediately and in person, but I was unsuccessful. I would like to apologize to Nilperi Şahinkaya and her friends, as well as to everyone who witnessed the incident that night, for this unfortunate event in the public eye and my behavior that does not set an example for the society, and I would like to reiterate how sorry I am for making the public busy with such an issue.
Best Regards, Burak Deniz” Hürriyet
After this incident, a Turkish journalist named Bersin asserted that Burak should be treated for alcoholism as he misbehaved several times in the past while drunk. In an interview, he claimed that once Burak Deniz hit a postman on his bike while driving in a drunken state. He said,
Burak Deniz should be treated for alcoholism. This is not the first alcohol incident. He had previously driven a car while drunk and hit the postman on his bike.”
- In 2017, he was nominated for the ‘Best TV Actor’ award at the Turkey Youth Awards for his performance in the TV series ‘Aşk Laftan Anlamaz’ (2016).
- He was nominated for the ‘Best Romantic Comedy Actor’ award at the Pantene Golden Butterfly Awards 2017 for his performance in the TV series ‘Aşk Laftan Anlamaz.’
- In 2018, he was nominated for the ‘Best TV Couple’ and ‘Best Performance by an Actor’ awards at the Pantene Golden Butterfly Awards for his performance in the TV series ‘Bizim Hikaye’ (2017).
- In 2018, he won the ‘Rising Player of the Year’ award at the ‘6th GQ Men of the Year Awards.’
- In 2022, he was nominated for ‘Best Actor in Foreign Series’ at the PRODU Awards for his performance in the TV series ‘Maraşlı’ (2021).
- Burak Deniz began his career in acting after he was spotted by a Turkish director named Gökçe Doruk Erte while attending an acting workshop when he was in high school.
- In an interview, he revealed that he loves to play bad characters.
- In 2020, there were rumours that Burak had some dispute with his father as he did not attend his father’s funeral in İzmit. However, the actor later clarified in an interview that he did not have any problem with his father rather there was a time problem. He said,
There was only a time problem, I couldn’t get to the funeral. As written, I did not have a problem with my father.” Hürriyet
- In March 2023, Deniz was invited as a special guest to Valentino’s fashion show at Paris Fashion Week.
- On 4th May 2023, he visited India for the first time to attend the 23rd edition of FICCI Frames in Mumbai, where he met Bollywood actors Anil Kapoor and Aditya Roy Kapur. In an interview during the event, while praising Aamir Khan, he said,
I love Aamir Khan, Who doesn’t love Aamir Khan? He is an actor but more than that he is involved in a lot of other activities. He is very impressive and the greatest actor in the world! I have a lot of respect for him.”
- During his visit to India, he also visited the ISKCON temple in Mumbai and shared his photos on social media. In an interview, while praising the Indian culture he said that he was very fascinated with the Indian culture and wanted to know more about it. He said,
I would have liked to come here to India much before, because I know your culture and like everything about it, it’s unbelievable. I know it deeply, and want to know more.” Hindustan Times
- In an interview, he revealed that he loves to watch English web series. He also named some of his favourite web series which include Game of Thrones, Mozart in the Jungle, and Sherlock.
- Burak Deniz has been featured on the cover of various magazines including Şamdan, Esquire Turkey, Hello!, Based Istanbul, Episode Yerli, Cosmopolitan, and GQ.
- He is the brand ambassador of Head & Shoulders Shampoo in Turkey. He often endorses the shampoo on his social media accounts.