Rukmini Maitra is an Indian model and actress who primarily works in the Bengali Film Industry. She has done modelling for various regional, national, and international brands and magazines.
Rukmini Maitra was born on Thursday, 27 June 1991 (age 28 years; as in 2019) in Kolkata. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She did her schooling from Kolkata’s Carmel Convent School and went to Loreto College to pursue her graduation. Thereafter, she completed her MBA in Communication Management from IIM Kozhikode. Rukmini started her modelling career when she was only 13 years old. She had just written her class VIII exams when she bagged her first modelling assignment.
Height: 5′ 9½”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Rukmini Maitra belongs to a Hindu Family. Her father, Late Soumyendra Nath Maitra, was an IIM Gold Medalist. Her mother’s name is Madhumita Maitra. She has a brother Rahul Maitra.
Rukmini is rumoured to be dating the Bengali actor, Dev Adhikari. She met Dev for the first time through a mutual friend when she was studying in class tenth.
Rukmini started her career as a model at the age of 13. She has modelled for various regional, national and international brands like ‘Reliance,’ ‘Lakmé,’ ‘Vodafone,’ ‘Sunsilk,’ ‘Femina,’ and ‘Emami.’ She has also featured on the covers of magazines like “Femina Bangla,” “Sananda Magazine,” and “Beauty Magazine.”
Rukmini has walked the ramp for fashion shows like “Shaadi By Marriott” and “Bengal Fashion Week.” She has even walked the ramp for eminent fashion designers like “Masaba Gupta,” “Anita Dongre,” “Suneet Varma,” “Dev r Nil,” and “Anju Modi.”
Rukmini started her acting career in 2017 with the Bengali film “Chaamp” in which she played the role of ‘Jaya Sanyal.’
Subsequently, she appeared in films like “Cockpit,” “Kabir,” “Kidnap,” and “Password.”
- Calcutta Times Most Desirable Woman of 2017 by the Times of India
- The Times 50 Most Desirable Women 2017
- Times Power Women – Most Promising Actor 2018
- Jio Filmfare Award (South) for Best Debut (Female) for the films Chaamp and Cockpit (2018)
- Bengal Film Journalists’ Award for Most Promising Actress (2018)
- Food: Biryani
- Dessert: Brownie
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Travel Destination: New York
- Colours: Pink, Black
- Her hobbies include travelling, doing yoga, and shopping.
- She is very close to her niece, Amira and often shares pictures with her on her Instagram account.
- She told in an interview that she was suffering from a major Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
- As a child, Rukmini wanted to be a lawyer.
- She is the grand-daughter of eminent Chief Justice, BN Maitra.
- Rukmini has inked ‘Dev’ on her left wrist. When asked in an interview if she had got the tattoo inked for her rumoured boyfriend, Dev Adhikari, Rukmini replied that the tattoo’s meaning was God, as ‘Dev’ when translated to English, means ‘God.’
- Reportedly, Dev has also inked Rukmini’s name on his right wrist.
- Rukmini shared during an interview that she was offered the lead role in the Bollywood film “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” but she rejected the offer as she was in class XI at that time, and education was her priority.