Archana Chandhoke is an Indian actor and TV host who mainly works in Tamil films and TV serials. In 2020, she appeared as a wild card contestant in the popular TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss Tamil 4.’
Archana was born on Friday, 2 July 1982 (age 38 years; as of 2020), in Chennai. Her zodiac sign is Cancer.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
She was born in a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father passed away when she was too young. Her father’s name is Rakesh Lal. Her mother’s name is Nirmala Lal who works at Indian Overseas Bank. Her sister’s name is Anita Chandhoke who is a Nirvana Fitness instructor, Zumba fitness instructor, and works at Frost & Sullivan.
Relationships, Husband & Children
On 6 May 2004, she got married to Vineet Muthukrishnan who works at the Indian Navy. In 2007, Archana gave birth to her daughter, Zaara Vineet.
She has hosted various TV shows like ‘Comedy Time’ (2015), ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs’ (2016), ‘Ilamai Pudhumai’ (2017), ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Seniors’ (2017), and ‘Super Mom’ (2018). She has acted in various Tamil films, including ‘En Vazhi Thani Vazhi’ (2015), ‘Vaigai Express’ (2017), ‘Yenda Thalayila Yenna Vekkala’ (2018), and ‘Naan Sirithal’ (2020).
AT the age of 33, she got a call to work as an RJ at Big FM and hosted the radio show ‘Kollywood Top 10.’ She appeared as a judge in the TV reality show ‘Junior Super Star’ aired on Zee Tamil in 2016. She made a special appearance in the Tamil TV serial ‘Yaaradi Nee Mohini’ in 2017. In 2020, she participated in the popular TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss Tamil 4’ as a wild card contestant.
Awards & Honours
She has received various awards for the best host, including Zee Kudumbam Viruthugal (2018), Ananda Vikatan Nambikkai Viruthugal (2019), and Zee Kudumbam Virudhugal (2019).
- She used to be an introvert during her childhood. In an interview, she said,
I spent most of my childhood as an introvert girl. I am eager to meet those two or three naughty kids this season so that I can live my childhood days once again. I am expecting some surprisingly naughty acts. I have the desire to compensate for all those lost years of my childhood.”
- She loves cooking, painting, and decorating her home.
- In her childhood, she wanted to become a PT teacher.
- She is an animal lover and owns a pet dog Simba.
- She is popularly known as VJ Archana. India Today
- She hosted the Tamil TV show ‘Super Mom’ along with her daughter in 2018.
- She owns a luxury apartment in Appaswamy Cerus in Saligramam, Chennai.
- Her favourite TV anchors are Oprah Winfrey and Ellen DeGeneres.
- On 26 March 2020, she started her own YouTube channel ‘Wow Life.’
References [ + ]