Ruhi Chaturvedi is an Indian model and actress. She is known for playing the role of Sherlyn Chopra in the Zee TV show Kundali Bhagya.
Ruhi Chaturvedi was born on Monday, 29 April 1991 (age 31 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She completed her school education at Divine Child, Mumbai. Later, she completed her major in History at Bhavan’s College, Mumbai.
Ruhi was fascinated by acting since her childhood. In an interview, while recalling her childhood memories, Ruhi shared,
I always wanted to be an actor as Madhuri Dixit used to stay in my building. As a child, I used to see quite a lot of films of hers and loved her performance. In fact, I have also visited different sets with her and that’s how the inclination to pursue acting came within me. I would never have become anything else. This was the ultimate thing.”
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Ruhi Chaturvedi belongs to a Marwari family.
Parents & Siblings
Ruhi Chaturvedi’s brother, Ateet Chaturvedi, is an entrepreneur.
On 2 December 2019, Ruhi Chaturvedi got married to her best friend Shivendraa Saainiyol, an actor. In an interview, Ruhi Chaturvedi talked about her relationship and said,
Shivendraa and I have been friends since 13 years, but the thought of marrying each other never crossed our minds till our families suggested it. My father met his father and things fell into place. So, despite knowing each other for so long, we are getting into an arranged marriage.” The Times of India
Ruhi Chaturvedi follows Hinduism. Ruhi Chaturvedi – Instagram
Ruhi Chaturvedi started her modelling career by participating in the Miss Mumbai Beauty pageant. However, she couldn’t win it. In 2010, she won the Miss India Worldwide pageant. Subsequently, she walked the ramp for many famous Indian fashion designers like Swapnil Shinde, Rocky S, Ritu Kumar, Ritu Beri, and Narendra Kumar. She walked the ramp for fashion weeks like Lakme Fashion Week, Bangalore Fashion Week, Wills Lifestyle Fashion Week, and the MIT Graduation show.
In 2017, Ruhi Chaturvedi decided to switch her career from modelling to acting. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
The entire journey has been absolutely incredible. If I have to be honest, I actually did not face that many struggles while finding my way on television. I still remember that January 17, 2017 was my last fashion show in Jaipur. Post that I came back and told my parents that I didn’t want to do fashion shows anymore and wanted to be a part of television.”
In 2017, Ruhi Chaturvedi made her debut with the Zee television show Kundali Bhagya in which she played the role of Sherlyn Khurana. This television show was produced by Ekta Kapoor. In an interview, she talked about her television show and said,
I have participated in Femina Miss India and have walked the ramp for many fashion shows. Getting a call from Ekta Kapoor’s production house for Kundali Bhagya was like a dream come true to me. After giving my look test for Sherlyn’s character I couldn’t sleep for 15 days. I was not sure whether I’d be selected. When I got a final confirmation from the production team I felt so happy. I’m glad I am playing Sherlyn.” The Times of India
- In 2016, she was awarded Maharani Gayatri Devi Award for the best upcoming face.
- In 2017, she was awarded Rajasthan International Film Award for Best Debut Female for the Rajasthani film Kangana (2016).
- In 2018, she was awarded Zee Rishtey Award for the television show Kumkum Bhagya (2017).
- In 2021, she was awarded the International Iconic Award for Best Khalnayika of Television for the television show Kumkum Bhagya (2017).
- Travel Destination: Greece
- Actor(s): Amitabh Bachchan, George Cloney, Milind Soman
- Actress(es): Priyanka Chopra, Madhuri Dixit
- Food: Chinese food
- Color: Purple
- Book: The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma
- According to Ruhi, initially, her father was sceptical about her decision to play a negative character in the Hindi television show Kumkum Bhagya (2017). In an interview, Ruhi quoted,
I remember when I got the offer, my father was sceptical about me taking up this character. Since it was a negative role, he felt I would get typecast and immediately said no. It took a while for me to convince him by saying that it was just a two-month cameo and at the end of the first month, the character would turn into a positive role before she exits the show. That’s when he agreed to let me take the offer.” The Times of India
- During an interview, Ruhi Chaturvedi talked about her home state Rajasthan and said,
It doesn’t matter where you were born, you always feel connected to your roots. Rajasthan is my home state and coming here feels great. While everyone cribs about the soaring temperature, I just feel nostalgia. I have lived in Mumbai my whole life, but during vacations, I used to visit my father’s family home in Mukundgarh in Jhunjhunu district.” The Times of India
- In an interview, Ruhi shared that her dream role is Vidya Bagchi from the Hindi film Kahani (2012).
- In an interview, Ruhi talked about her family and said that she belonged to a Marwari community that is known for not allowing women to pursue a career in acting, but her parents supported her to make a career in the same field. She quoted,
I think my entire family supported me to come into this field. I come from a Marwari family, and a lot of girls are not allowed to come into this field. They are narrow-minded, but my mother, father, grandfather, grandmother, brother, everyone was super-supportive. You know there were times when I wanted to give up, but they are always there. They kept reminding me why I started in the first place and always pushed me.
- According to Ruhi, playing the role of Sherlyn Khurana in the television show Kumkum Bhagya has been the most challenging work for her. She quoted,
Seriously, I need to tell you this that Sherlyn has been the most challenging role for me as I am not the cunning person in life. One day I cried on set, I told my director that I don’t know how to play Sherlyn. I don’t know how to make faces, raise your eyebrows, etc. Everyone on the set got worried and scared; they started thinking if I could ever play this role. The Wedding Journals
- She is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog named Sky Chaturvedi.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.