Romy is an Indian playback singer, songwriter, and music composer, who mainly works in Hindi and Punjabi films. He is known for singing the Hindi songs “Challa (Main Lad Jaana)” from ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’ (2019) and “Sanu Kehndi” from ‘Kesari’ (2019).
Romy aka Karan Yadav Facebook – Romy was born on Saturday, 11 July 1992 (age 31 years; as of 2023) in Patiala, Punjab, India. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
He did his schooling at St. Xaviers International School, Patiala, Punjab. Later, he studied at the University of Mumbai. Facebook – Romy
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His mother’s name is Mamta Yadav, and his sister’s name is Surbhi Yadav.
In 2021, he got engaged to a girl named Pitambi Chaudhary.
In February 2023, the couple tied the knot.
Romy made his Bollywood debut as a singer with the film ‘Phillauri’ (2017) for the song “Dum Dum.”
He has lent his voice to many popular Bollywood songs such as “Bhangra Ta Sajda” from ‘Veere Di Wedding’ (2018), ”Yeh Naya Hindustan Hai” from ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’ (2019), “Zumba” from ‘Good Newwz’ (2019), and “Pyaar Tenu Karda Gabru” from ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan’ (2020).
In 2021, he made his Punjabi film debut as a playback singer with the film ‘Qismat 2’ for the song “Janam.”
He has sung many singles such as ‘Ari Ari’ (2019), ‘Tenu Vekhan Da’ (2021), and ‘Zariya Tu’ (2023).
Some of his cover songs as a singer are “Tu Mera Dil” “Ve Mai Chori Chori,” “Rahena Tu,” and “Kiven Mukhre To.”
Romy has composed and sung jingles for various TV commercials like Max Fashion. He started his self-titled YouTube channel in 2011 on which he uploads his songs videos. He has around 1.67 k subscribers on his channel.
In 2022, he worked as a music producer for the Hindi song “Tu Mera Banja.” In 2023, Romy, along with Akriti Kakar, lent his voice to the song “Aya Ladiye” for the music show ‘Big Band Theory 2.’
He has also performed live at various stage shows and events.
- 2017: Nominated by FOI Online Awards for Best Playback Singer – Male for the Hindi song “Saahiba” from the film Phillauri
- 2017: Won FOI Online Award for Best Original Song for the Hindi song “Saahiba” from the film Phillauri
- 2020: Won Album of the Year by Mirchi Music Awards
- 2020: Nominated by Mirchi Music Awards for Best Song of the Year Critics for the Hindi song Challa from the film Uri: The Surgical Strike
- 2020: Nominated by Mirchi Music Awards for Best Vocalist of the Year (Male) for the Hindi song Challa from the film Uri: The Surgical Strike
- 2022: Nominated by Mirchi Music Awards for Recreated Song of the Year for the Hindi song “Nachan Nu Jee Karda” from the film Angrezi Medium
- 2023: Nominated by Zee Cine Awards for Viewers’ Choice Award for the Hindi song The Punjaabban Song from the film Jug Jugg Jeeyo
- Singer(s): Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Michael Jackson
- Film(s): Vaastav- The Reality (1999), Running Scared (2006)
- Actor(s): Sanjay Dutt, Jason Statham
- Actress: Raveena Tandon
- City: Mumbai
- Food: Paneer Tikka Masala
- Book: Jay-Z: The Black Book
- Holiday Destination: Turkey
- Inspirational Leader(s): Princess Diana, Benazir Bhutto
- In an interview, Romy shared that in childhood, he wanted to make his career as a singer, dancer, and actor. However, his mother wanted him to become a doctor.
- While he was studying in school and college, he performed in various singing competitions.
- He can play various musical instruments like guitar, piano, and ukulele.
- In his leisure time, he loves to write poetries, travel, cook food, and try different cuisines.
- Romy is fluent in various languages like Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, and English.
- He is an avid animal lover and owns two pet dogs. One of his dogs’ names is Foxy.
- He has millions of subscribers on various music streaming apps like Spotify, Jio Saavan, and YouTube Music.
|↑1||Facebook – Romy|
|↑2||Facebook – Romy|