Rajat Tokas is an Indian television actor who came into the spotlight after portraying the role of ‘Prithviraj Chauhan’ in Star Plus’ historical drama “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan.”
Rajat Tokas was born on Friday, 19 July 1991 (age 28 years; as in 2019) in Munirka, Delhi. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
He did his schooling from Delhi’s Hope Hall Foundation School. While in school, Rajat started his acting career as a child artist. After completing his schooling, he did his graduation through correspondence.
Height (approx.): 5’ 6”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Rajat Tokas belongs to a Hindu Family. He is the son of Ramvir Tokas and Pramila Tokas. Not much is known about his siblings.
Rajat got married to his long-time girlfriend, Shrishti Nayyar (a theatre artist) on 30 January 2015 in a close-knit ceremony in Udaipur Palace.
Rajat Tokas started his acting career in 1999 as a child artist by playing the role of ‘Ashu’ in Doordarshan TV’s serial “Bongo.” Subsequently, he appeared in shows like “Jadui Chirag,” “Lighthouse,” “Ek Nazar Ki Tamanna,” “Mere Dost,” and “Khoj Khajana ki.” In 2005, he played the role of ‘Tantya,’ Sai Baba’s brother in the TV serial “Sai Baba.”
Tokas earned huge popularity after playing the role of young ‘Prithviraj Chauhan’ in Star Plus’ “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan.”
Thereafter, he appeared in TV serials like “Dharam Veer,” “Keshav Pandit,” “Tere Liye,” and “Bandini.” In 2013, Rajat bagged the role of the “Mughal Emperor Jalaluddin Mohammed Akbar” in the historical drama “Jodha Akbar.” His performance in the show was appreciated by the audience and also won him a few awards.
Rajat, then went on to play the character of ‘Chandragupta Maurya’ in Star Plus’ TV serial “Chandra Nandini.”
He has played a wishful mongoose in the supernatural series “Naagin” and has played a wishful serpent in its third season.
Rajat also appeared in films like Kathputli, W.H.O. , Prerna, and Stumped. However, none of his films worked at the box office.
- Rajat played the role of ‘Akbar’ in the TV serial “Jodha Akbar.” His serial faced severe protest by the Rajput Kshatriya Akhil Bharatiya Sabha, as according to them, wrong facts were being presented in the show.
- The actor has remained in controversies due to his bossiness and rude behaviour. Apparently, Rajat got involved in a brawl with the spot boys on the sets of Jodha Akbar. Tokas repeatedly behaved rude with the spot boys, after which they hit the actor after his shoot. However, the actor is said to have denied the incident.
- Rajat was also rumoured to be in a cold war with his Jodha Akbar co-star, Paridhi Sharma. In fact, it was said that when the director of the show had misbehaved with Paridhi, Rajat had sided with the director.
- In 2018, Rajat was rumoured to be in an extra-marital affair with his Chandra Nandini co-star Tanu Khan. A media portal quoted one of their sources as saying,
Rajat and Tanu are inseparable. In between the takes, they spend time in each other’s vanity vans and even leave the sets together after pack-up. We also hear that Rajat and Tanu recently enjoyed a night out together.”
Later, the actor slammed the portal and expressed his disgust in a series of tweets.
- Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actor in Lead Role (Popular) for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
- Indian Telly Award for Best Child Artiste (Male) for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
- Indian Telly Award for Dharti ka Sitara for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
- Star Parivaar Award for Favourite Chhota Bachcha for the TV serial “Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan” (2007)
- BIG Star Entertainment Award for Most Entertaining Television Actor (Male) for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2013)
- Zee Rishtey Award for Most Popular Face Male for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2013)
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2014)
- Renault Star Guild Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series for the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” (2014)
- Star Parivaar Award for Best Pati for the TV serial “Chandra Nandini” (2017)
- Food: Pizza, Chinese Food, Chicken Steak
- Film: Bunty Aur Babli
- Colours: Red, Blue
- Travel Destinations: Goa, Paris
- His hobbies include swimming, playing football, and doing horse riding.
- Initially, he wanted to be a film director.
- Rajat revealed in an interview that he was very shy and had limited friends.
- He is an avid dog lover and owns a dog named Leo.
- During an interview, Rajat shared that if not an actor, he would have been a businessman.
- Initially, Rajat was supposed to play the younger version of ‘Prithviraj Chauhan’ only for a few episodes. However, the audience loved his performance so much that the makers decided to extend his role for several months.
- Surprisingly, Rajat was not the first choice to play the role of ‘Akbar’ in the historical drama “Jodha Akbar.” Initially, Avinesh Rekhi was considered for this role.
- Rajat prepared extensively for his role of ‘Chandragupta Maurya’ for the TV serial “Chandra Nandini.” He learned horse riding, underwent weapon training, learnt to walk in a particular way, and modified his voice and body language in a different way to justify his character. He even watched documentaries and read books on the Maurya Empire.
- When Rajat finished shooting for the show “Jodha Akbar,” Ekta Kapoor asked Tokas not to look for other scripts. Tokas, keeping faith in her, waited for her to come up with something, and after a while, she offered him Chandra Nandini.