Pushpika De Silva is a Sri Lankan model. She is the titleholder of the Mrs. Sri Lanka 2021 pageant and Miss Sri Lanka 2011.
Pushpika De Silva was born on Monday, 2 October 1989 (age 30 years; as of 2021) in the town of Polonnaruwa District in North Central Province, Sri Lanka. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
Height (approx.): 6′
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements ( approx.): 34-26-35
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Pushpika De Silva was born and brought up in a middle-class family in Sri Lanka. Pushpika’s father is a businessman and her mother is a homemaker.
Husband & Children
In January 2016, Pushpika De Silva married Thilanka Dabarera, who is a commercial pilot and a businessman. Pushpika and Thilanka were blessed with a baby boy on 31 October 2016. The marriage did not succeed well after 2017 and Pushpika De Silva declared that she doesn’t live with her husband anymore. Pushpika and Thilanka have not taken a divorce yet.
Pushpika De Silva started her career in 2009 as a model. She has walked the runway for many popular designers of Sri Lanka. Later in 2010, Pushpika participated in the Miss Sri Lanka beauty pageant. Pushpika De Silva was one of the top 5 contestants of the Miss Sri Lanka 2010. She did not settle without winning the crown and again in 2011, she participated in the Miss Sri Lanka 2011 beauty pageant and won the pageant.
In 2020, Pushpika De Silva won the title of Sri Lankan Bridal Beauty. In the same year, Pushpika registered herself for the Mrs. Sri Lanka beauty pageant. On 4 April 2021, Mrs World 2020, Caroline Jurie crowned Pushpika De Silva as the winner of Mrs. Sri Lanka 2021. Due to some controversial reason, she was not able to take her crown home on that day but after completing all the inquiries Pushpika De Silva was given her crown back on 6 April 2021.
On 4 April 2021 Sri Lanka witnessed a dramatic event of Mrs. Sri Lanka 2021. Pushpika De Silva grabbed all the headlines when her Mrs. Sri Lanka crown was snatched off her head by the Mrs World 2020, Caroline Jurie . According to Caroline, Pushpika was not eligible for the title while mentioning her as a “divorce.” Pushpika De Silva left of the stage in tears and later took legal action Caroline Jurie. After a lot of discussions and inqueries the crown was returned to Pushpika De Silva on 6 April 2021.
- Pushpika De Silva is a supporter of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party. She is often spotted praising the leaders and work of the party.
- Her hobbies include Dancing, Singing, and gardening.
- She follows a nonvegetarian diet.
- Pushpika De Silva loves collecting gemstones and has a great collection of these.
- According to sources, she is know to own a private helicopter.
- She loves travelling around the world with her little son Tivan.
- Pushpika De Silva wanted to participate in the Miss Sri Lanka contest in 2009 but her father denied her decision as according to him she was too young to participate in competitions like these.
- Pushpika gives her fans a sneak peak of her life on her social media handles. She enjoys a fan following of more than 60 thousand followers on Instagram.