Prarthana Behere is an Indian actress who works in Bollywood and Marathi Cinema.
Prarthana Behere was born on Tuesday, 5 January 1988 (age 32 years; as in 2020) in Ahmedabad City of Gujarat. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Prarthana Behere belongs to a Marathi Family. Her father’s name is Avinash Behere, and her mother’s name is Sonali Behere.
She has an elder sister named Gayatri Vanshil.
She got married to the film director and writer, Abhishek Jawkar in Goa on 14 November 2017.
She met Abhishek for the first time during the shooting of one of her films. Just after a few days of their meeting, their marriage was arranged. According to Prarthana, her marriage with Abhishek was an arranged one as she had told Abhishek that she didn’t have time to date.
Prarthana Behere started her career as a TV reporter. One day, she met actress, director, and producer, Renuka Shahane, during reporting. She assisted Renuka in the Marathi film “Rita” (2009). Renuka also suggested her to start acting. Prarthana auditioned for the Hindi television show “Pavitra Rishta,” and was chosen for the role ‘Vaishali.’
She gained wide popularity for her role in the serial. She then made a special appearance on the Zee Yuva’s serial “Love Lagan Locha” (2017). She made her Marathi TV show debut with “Mai Lek” in which she played the role of ‘Leelavati.’ Prarthana made her film debut with the Bollywood film “Love U…Mr. Kalakaar!” (2011) as ‘Kamya.’
She has appeared in supporting role in commercially hit films such as “Bodyguard” (2011) and “Wajah Tum Ho” (2016). She made her Marathi film debut with “Jai Maharashtra Dhaba Bhatinda.”
Although the film failed to earn well at the box office, it paved a way for Prarthna to appear in commercially successful films such as “Mitwaa” (2015), “Vakratunda Mahakaaya” (2015), “Mr. and Mrs. Sadachari” (2015), “Fugay” (2017), and “Ti and Ti.”
Awards & Achievements
- Times Power Woman Pune in 2018
- Star Pravah Ratna Puraskar for Glamorous Face of 2016
- Dadasaheb Phalke Puraskar for Best Supporting Role in the film “Mitwa” in 2015
- Actress: Sridevi
- Books: “Life’s Amazing Secrets” by Gaur Gopal Das, “The Notebook” by Nicholas Sparks, “Freedom from the I” by Shashank Kasliwal
- Politician: Narendra Modi
- She likes reading and doing photography.
- She likes dogs and has two dogs; one of her dogs’ name is ‘Filmy.’
- In 2018, Prarthana Behere met with an accident, while she was travelling to Kolhapur to promote her upcoming movie. The car (which was carrying Prarthana and her co-star Aniket Vishwasrao) crashed into a tempo; in an attempt to dodge a tempo. Prarthana suffered from serious injuries in hands and legs and was rushed to the hospital immediately, while her assistant and Aniket received minor injuries.
- Prarthana and her husband have tattooed their wedding date, written in Roman numerals, on their ring fingers.