Palak Gulia is an Indian air pistol shooter. She mainly participates in the 10m Air Pistol shooting events. She won gold in the 10m Air Pistol event at the 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
Palak Gulia was born on Wednesday, 9 November 2005 (age 17 years; as of 2023) in Village Nimana, Jhajjar, Haryana. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She did her schooling at Sehwag International School in Jhajjar, Haryana and St. Xavier’s High School, Gurgaon. The Indian Express While Palak was studying in a school in her village, she started participating in sports competitions.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Jogender Gulia, is a businessman. She has a younger brother, and a younger sister named Jhanvi. Her siblings are twins.
While she was in school, she shifted with her family from Jhajjar to Gurgaon, and there, she started training in pistol shooting. She then continued her training at the Faridabad shooting range under her coach Rakesh Singh.
After a few years of training, she started participating in air pistol shooting competitions at national and international levels. Some of such competitions are the ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Shooting Championship, ISSF World Cup Championship, IJC ISSF Junior Cup Championship, Khelo India Youth Games, and Asian Games. She was ranked 11th in 10m Air Pistol Women by the International Shooting Sport Federation in 2023. She has participated in events like APW, APMT, APMIX, and APTEAMW.
- 2022: Air Pistol Team Women Junior at ISSF Junior Cup in Suhl
- 2022: 10m Air Pistol Women Junior at ISSF Junior Cup in Suhl
- 2023: 10m Air Pistol event at the 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou, China
- 2022: 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team Junior at ISSF Junior Cup in Suhl
- 2022: Air Pistol Team Women at World Cup in Changwon
- 2022: Air Pistol Team Women at World Championships in Cairo
- 2022: 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team at World Cup in Changwon
- In an interview, her father shared that they had to move from Jhajjar to Gurgaon as people in their village were not very supportive of Palak participating in sports.
- She suffered a shoulder injury in the 2022 National Shooting Championships in Bhopal.
- Her training is supported by the Reliance Foundation.