Natasza Urbańska is a famous Polish actress, singer, dancer, and TV presenter. She is also the co-owner of the fashion brand ‘Muses.’
Natasza Urbańska was born on Wednesday, August 17, 1977 (age 43 years; as in 2020), in Warsaw, Poland. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
She did her schooling from VII High School. Słowacki (VII Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Juliusza Słowackiego w Warszawie), Poland. As for her graduation, she enrolled in applied linguistics but dropped out in the third year to make her career in music. She also attended the artistic gymnastics classes at the Legia Warsaw club and was trained by Irina Lortkipanidze.
Height: 5’ 6” IMDb
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown (dyed Blonde)
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
She was born to Lieutenant colonel Bolesław Urbański and Zofia Urbański. She has an older sister named Magdalenę.
Husband & Children
She is married to Janusz Józefowicz, a Polish director, choreographer, actor, and dancer; they got married on August 16, 2008. The couple has a daughter named Kalinę (born in December 2008).
As an Actor
In 1993, she went to audition for the musical ‘Metro’ and managed to get a spot as a dancer. However, the actress who was supposed to play the lead role of ‘Anka’ failed to make it in the show, as a result, Natsza replaced her. Later, she got the role permanently.
Later, she assisted her husband in the theatre productions such as ‘Piotruś Pan’ at Teatrze Muzycznym Roma, and ‘Romeo i Julia,’ ‘Panna Tutli Putli,’ and ‘Karuzela marzeń’ at Studio Buffo. She has also worked for Studio Buffo and has given performances in several musicals.
She made her film debut with 1997 film Sztos in an uncredited role.
She made her television debut with the series, Television Theater (1998-2004) as ‘Rosalina/Klementyna.’ She has acted in the films and TV series- Battle of Warsaw 1920 (2011), 365 Days (2020), and Fala zbrodni (2005-07).
As a Singer
She released her first single ‘I Like It Loud’ in 2007. In 2008, she sang two songs from Balkanika’s (a Serbian band) album ‘Balkan Koncept.’ She has also released the albums- Hity Buffo vol. 1 – Natasza Urbanska (debut album; 2009) and One (2014).
In 2009, she became a part of a project named Poland … Why Not? which was aimed at promoting Poland in the world. The project was promoted by her singles- Love Stone Crazy and All The Wrong Places for which the music video was shot in Los Angeles and directed by David Palmer.
Awards & Achievements
- Viva! Najpiękniejsi for The most beautiful Polish Woman in 2008
- Wiktory 2009 – A song and Stage Star
- Recognized by the Home & Market magazine as one of the 50 Most Influential Women in Poland in 2008
- Listed as one of the 100 Most Valuable Stars of Polish Show Business in Forbes magazine in 2009 and 2010
- Węże (An Anti Award) for Worst Actress, Worst Couple (along with Borys Szyc ) and Embarrassing Scene (for a machine gun scene) for the film ‘Battle of Warsaw 1920’ in 2012
- Plejada Top Ten 2014 – A song and stage star
- Międzynarodowy Festiwal Musicalowy w Daegu for The Best Musical Actress in 2017
- Kobieca Marka Roku for Personality of the Year in 2019
She resides with her family in a house named ‘Emilin’ in the Jajkowice village near Grójec, Poland.
- In 1991, she went to audition for the musical ‘Metro’ but she was rejected as she was too young to do theatre. Two years later, she auditioned again for the musical and was selected as a dancer.
- In 2004, she worked as an assistant director and assistant choreographer in the TV show, Television Theater.
- In 2007, she participated in the singing reality show ‘Jak oni śpiewają’ and was the first runner of the show. She was also the winner of the singing reality show ‘SuperSTARcia’ (2014).
- In 2009, she participated in the tenth edition of the dance reality show, Taniec z Gwiazdami and was partnered with the dancer Jan Kliment and became the first runner up of the show.
- Apart from being a singer and actress, she has also worked as a host and hosted the talk show Szymon Majewski Show in 2008 and 2010.
- In 2013, she performed in the song ‘Pour un Flirt’ in the film Podejrzani zakochani.
- She contested twice in Piosenka dla Europy, a preselection contest for Eurovision Song Contest, an international song competition.
- She is also the co-owner of the fashion house, Muses – Urbańska & Komornicka with the designer Agnieszka Komornicka. The brand’s first show was held in 2013. Later, the name of the brand was changed to ‘Muses.’
- In February 2010, Nina Andrycz (veteran Polish actress) gave her a pearl-studded necklace that she had received years ago from former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. Plotek
- She is a dog lover and has a pet dog.
References [ + ]