Kim Sharma, also known as Kimi Michelle Sharma is an Indian actress, who works predominantly in Bollywood.
Kim Sharma was born on Monday, 21 January 1980 (age 42 years; as of 2022) in Ahmednagar, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She did her schooling at a boarding school in Panchgani, Maharashtra. After completing her schooling at a boarding school (10th standard), Kim returned to her hometown, Ahmednagar, to pursue further studies. However, coming from a boarding school, where most of the girls were from aboard, living and studying in Ahmednagar came as a cultural shock for her. As a result, as soon as she reached the 12th standard, she called its quits and did not attend college after that.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 54 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-27-34
Parents & Siblings
Her father is a businessman.
The Bollywood actor Arjun Rampal is her maternal cousin.
Kim got married to the Indian origin Kenya based businessman Ali Punjani on 23 August 2010 in Mombasa, Kenya within a week of dating him. The couple got separated in 2016.
- Yudishthir aka VJ Yudi (2000 – 2003) – Kim was in a relationship with Yudishthir for around 3 years, during which Yudi was a VJ for Channel V.
- Yuvraj Singh (2003 – 2007) – Kim Sharma dated Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh for 4 years after which the couple called it off due to a rift between them. ABP Live
- Carlos Marin (2008 – 2010) – Kim dated Carlos Marin, who is a Spanish singer. The couple even got engaged but called it quit soon after. Reportedly, Kim wanted to settle down with Spanish boyfriend Carlos and shift to Madrid with him. ABP Live
- Harshavardhan (2018 – 2019) – After breaking up with Arjun Khanna, Kim reportedly started dating the Haseen Dillruba actor Harshavardhan. ABP Live
- Ali Punjani (m. 2010 – 2016) – Kim dated the Indian origin Kenya based entrepreneur Ali Punjani for a week and later got married to him. The couple called the marriage off in 2016.
- Leander Paes (28 March 2021 – present) – The rumours of Kim Sharma dating Indian Tennis player Leander Paes started when their pictures of holidaying together in Goa were leaked online. Since then, the couple started making public appearances together and confirmed the news of their relationship on an Instagram post.
On a random day, Kim was on a trip to Delhi when she auditioned for a close-up advertisement. She got selected for it and started getting offers for various other brands such as Sunsilk, Fair & Lovely, Pepsi, etc.
She made her debut in Bollywood with Yash Raj Film’s 2000-romantic drama Mohabbatein when she was signed by Aditya Chopra. She got the part of Sanjana, who is one of the love interests of the three leads of the movie.
In 2002, she did 3 films which include Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai (as Bobby Gujral), Kehtaa Hai Dil Baar Baar (as Ritu Patel), and Khadgam (as Pooja). She did various movies after 2002, but none of them made a big impact on the box office. Some of the films that she featured in include ‘Money Hai Toh Honey Hai’ in 2008 as Sara, ‘Magadheera’ in 2009 in a special appearance, ‘Anjaneyalu’ in 2009 in an item song, and ‘Yagam’ in 2010 as Sophie.
She was also featured in the 30th episode of the TV show Carry on Shekhar.
- In 2006, Kim accused photographer Vikram Bawa of using a blower fan, during a photoshoot for a men’s magazine, to make her display more skin than she wanted to.
- In April 2017, it was rumoured that Kim got separated from her then-husband, Kenya based businessman, Ali Punjani. According to the media reports, Ali left Kim for another woman. The reports said,
Ali left Kim as he got attracted to another woman. The irony is that when Ali met Kim, he was plump and not great-looking but now because he is in love, he has lost weight and looking great. But Kim is left with no money or financial security. Right now, she is looking to establish her business in Mumbai to provide for herself financially. She is now a brand strategist and goes by the name Kimi Sharma (her real name). Kimi didn’t just leave their home in Kenya behind, but her job as the CEO of Punjani’s chain of hotels as well,”
Various reports started calling her penniless and bankrupt. To give a fitting reply to all of those rumours, Kim took to the microblogging site, Twitter, and wrote,
When you spend the weekend raging at #Coldplay and come back to find out you’re penniless. I can’t wrap my head around all these different angles and “groundbreaking” details everyone seems to know so much about. Straight from the horse’s mouth – There is much ado about nothing.”
- On 22 December 2017, police seized the luxury Range Rover car that Kim used to reach the Hotel Sahara Star for an event, after which Kim went back to her house in a taxi. Reportedly, the car belongs to a Rajasthan-based businessman, Dilip Kumar Parwani, who also happens to be a good friend of Kim’s ex-husband, Ali Punjani. Dilip Kumar had registered a complaint at Khar police station regarding the ‘illegal possession’ of the said Range Rover car in September 2017. The car was seized by Vile Parle police, who got the tip from Dilip’s friend Ahsaan Abubaker, that Kim was planning on using the car to reach Hotel Star Sahara on 22 December 2017. In a media interaction, the police quoted,
We had been trying to contact Kim Sharma but she did not meet us at the hotel. She hired a taxi and left the spot. We have brought the car to the police station,”
In an interview, Kim opened up about the car fiasco and said,
As I have repeatedly mentioned, this matter emerges from baseless allegations which have no substance. The police is doing its job and I am co-operating with them. The matter will now be in court and I am confident that the truth will prevail,”
- Kim owns a white coloured Tata Nano.
- She also owns a white Mercedes-Benz GLS 350.
- Range Rover used by Kim Sharma was seized due to a police case on the ownership in 2017.
- Book: A Mirrored Life by Rabisankar Bal
- Travel Destination: Spain
- Reportedly, Kim was a non-vegetarian but later she decided to transition into a vegetarian. In an interview, she revealed,
I decided to give up meat and fish for ethical reasons. And a vegetarian diet is very healthy for all ages.”
- While Kim was in Kenya, she transitioned from being an actor to being a hotelier. She took up the field of hospitality in the extravagant hotel business of her then-husband, Ali Punjani. In an interview, she expressed,
It’s been over a year now and I must confess that it has been a superb journey and I have enjoyed every bit of it. Of course there is a huge difference between what I was doing earlier (actress) and what I am doing now (entrepreneur), but it has just helped me evolve as an individual, in the most beautiful manner. It’s not just the change of location and profession for me, everything is different. From being a single lady, I am now a married woman. Life has changed 180 degrees. There are so many responsibilities. It’s a whole new life.”
She added that she did not miss her life as an actor. She said,
No, not at all! I miss my family the most, when I am there. I miss my friends as well, but I make sure I am in regular touch with most of them. And as far as acting is concerned I enjoyed acting and being a part of Bollywood and now I am enjoying being an entrepreneur and venturing as an hotelier and have no plans to get back to acting any time soon.”
- Kim is an animal lover.