Kalyanee Mulay is an Indian theater and film actress. She gained immense popularity as Yamuna in the Marathi film ‘Nude’ (2018).
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Vishwas Mulay. She has one elder sister who is married.
She started her career as a theatre artist and has performed in many Marathi and Hindi theatre plays.
She has also acted in a few Marathi short films like ‘Sunrise’ (2014) and ‘Vilag’ (2014). She has acted in various Marathi films including ‘Ringan and Ribbon’ (2017), ‘The Quest’ (2017), ‘Nude’ (2018), and ‘Me Pan Sachin’ (2019).
In 2020, she appeared in the Hotstar web-series ‘Criminal Justice: Behind Closed Doors’ in which she played the role of a cop.
- During an interview, while talking about her experience in the Marathi film ‘Nude’ (2018), she said,
It was a psychosomatic experience to say the least. And it took a toll on me — both physically and mentally. Firstly, I had to accept my body in its raw form; only then will I be able to convince others. That’s why I had to do away with the regressive notions.”
- She loves doing artwork and travelling to different places.
- She is an animal lover and has a pet dog named Illa and a pet cat named Poocho Begum.
- She has learnt Navarasa i.e. nine emotions of a human being through acting from her guruji G. Venu Jee.
- She has a deep faith in goddess Kaali.
- In 2012, she co-founded a theatre group named ‘Process TheaterZ.’
- She has won many awards for her acting skills including Majjedaar Kalakaar of The Year Award (Female) for the film Nude at Majja Digital Awards 2019 and “Sanskruti Kala Darpan Award ” in 2019.
- One of her favourite quotes is,
I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”