Harneet Singh Jolly is an Indian chef and author. He is well-known for his unique style of making cake sculptures.
Harneet Singh Jolly was born on Monday, October 14th, 1996 (age 24 years; as of 2021) in Haryana, India. He was brought up in Pune, India, and he is living in Toronto, Canada.
His zodiac sign is Libra. He did his schooling at Guru Nanak Public School and Junior College, Pune, India. He pursued his graduation at Culinary Academy of India, Hyderabad, India and post-graduation at George Brown College, Toronto, Canada.
Weight: 60 kg
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
He was born in a Punjabi family.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Kanwaljit Singh Jolly, is a businessman. His mother, Maninder Kaur Jolly, is a teacher. His brother, Guneet Singh Jolly, is a singer-songwriter.
Chef Harneet Singh Jolly follows Sikhism.
Harneet Jolly is an Indian chef who is specialised in gravity-defying cakes, chocolate sculptures, and desserts. While he was at primary school, he aimed to become a fashion designer, and he used to stitch gowns. He baked his first cake when he was in class 4. He follows the special cake recipe which is transferred from his great grandmother to grandmother and then to his mother. At the event of the Indian singer Hariharan’s music album – Ishq, he was invited as the guest, and his cake sculpture was well praised by many Indian celebrities at the event. He has showcased his cake sculpture at the ‘Make Earth Green Again’ event.
His cake was also praised by the renowned Indian chef Sanjeev Kapoor who is also his favourite chef.
At the 1500 episodes celebration of the Hindi TV serial ‘Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain’ BTS, he made a special appearance.
He received the Advocacy of Food for All Award by the Make Earth Green Again MEGA Foundation in 2021. His talent for making gravity-defying cakes, chocolate sculptures, and photo frame desserts was acknowledged by the OMG Book of Records. He is specialised in making edible photo frames. Chef Jolly has been awarded the ‘Best Rising Chef Award’ by the Magic Book of Record in the field of desserts and pastry cuisine.
He was also part of the Brand CAI team that holds the Guinness World Record for ‘The Largest Variety of Breads Displayed’ by displaying 493 varieties’. He is a big fan of the film directors- James Cameron and Sanjay Leela Bhansali and has directed a few theatre plays which are quite influenced by the work of Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- MEGA Achiever’s Awards in 2021 for ‘Advocacy of Food for All’
- Best Rising Chef Award in the field of desserts and pastry cuisine in 2021
- World Record holder of ‘The Largest Variety of Breads Displayed’ by displaying 493 varieties’
- OMG Book Of Records for gravity-defying cakes, chocolate sculptures and photo frame desserts.
- Food: Farfalle Carbonara
- Cuisine(s): Italian, French
- Chef(s): Amaury Guichon, Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi
- Color: Black
- Actor: Ranveer Singh
- Film(s): Bajirao Mastani, (James Cameron’s) Avatar
- Song(s): Mohe Rang Do Laal (Bajirao Mastani), Ghoomar (Padmaavat)
- Restaurant(s): Golden Dragon, Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
- Book: Professional Baking by Gisslen Wayne
- His hobbies include sketching and watching movies.
- His favourite ingredients while cooking are coconut, fennel, and mustard.
- Chef Jolly loves to drink Coca-Cola.