Gabriel Chavarria is an American actor who is known for his roles in the American television series ‘East Los High’ (2013) and ‘The Purge’ (2018).
Gabriel Chavarria was born on Saturday, April 29, 1989 (age 31 years; as of 2020), in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His zodiac sign is Taurus. He grew up in Los Angeles, California. He belongs to an immigrant family due to which he grew up in Section 8 housing, going from one housing project to the next. He grew up living with the Black and Hispanic communities. He did his schooling at John Marshall High School, Los Angeles.
Height IMDb: 5′ 7½”
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
He was born into a family of Honduran immigrants. NY Post His father is a former professional footballer.
He has eleven siblings; eight of his brothers are named Ben, Eli, Jeremy, Jay, Usica, Jerry, Jesus, and Daniel. His family migrated to the United States when his mother was pregnant with his eighth brother. Talking about it, he said,
They gave up everything they had to come to a place they knew very little about for us. When my parents made their journey to the U.S, they came with seven of my older siblings. At the time, my mother was pregnant with baby number eight. Yes, that sounds crazy. (And, yes, the book on that story is on its way.) No matter what happened, my parents did everything together — as a family.”
He is in a relationship with a Mexican girl named Arena Moreno. On December 2, 2020, he announced that he was going to become a father to Arena’s and his child.
In 2007, he made his film debut with the American film ‘Freedom Writers’ as ‘Tito.’ He did not audition for the role of ‘Tito’ in the movie “Freedom Writers” because he wanted it but by chance. When he was playing basketball at a local recreational park, he came to know about the auditions; he was sixteen at that time. He decided that he would try his luck out after his brother convinced him to audition. After a month-long process, he landed the role.
He then acted in the films: A Better Life (2011) and Teacher of the Year (2014). He played the main character ‘Daniel “Danny” Alvarez’ in ‘Lowriders’ (2016).
He has also acted in the films: War for the Planet of the Apes (2017) and Hunter Killer (2018). He has also appeared in short films with his debut short being ‘Fallen Comrade’ (2012) in which he played the role of ‘Private Sedano.’ Apart from that, he has also acted in the short films: The Fight (2012), Irene (2012), Sins of the Father (2014), and Los (2015).
He made his television debut with the series ‘Southland’ (2009) as ‘Li’l Wino.’
In 2012, he played the lead character ‘Anthony Maldonado’ from the television series ‘Chris/tina.’
He has also acted in the TV series: Prime Suspect (2011), East Los High (2013-17), Major Crimes (2013), Aquarius (2015), The Purge (2018), and Selena: the Series (2020).
- Actor: Bill Paxton
- Telenovela: El clon (2010)
- Film: True Lies (1994)
- Football Player: Diego Maradona
- Basketball Player: Kobe Bryant
- Gabriel wanted to be a soccer player initially. At the age of 13, Gabriel was selected for the Olympic Development Program and was invited to play in tournaments across the U.S., Spain, and England.
- Even after working in the entertainment industry, he is heavily involved with the West Coast Elite FC soccer club, which he co-founded with one of his brothers. The club has developed players and teams, which travel all across the US and Europe and compete in various tournaments.
- He is also passionate about music and has founded his independent music label ‘G & B Music Group.’
- He owns an off-road bike and a BMW car.
- He is an avid dog lover and owns a pet dog.
References [ + ]