Prof. Ramesh Behl is an academician specializing in the field of Enterprise Systems and Business Analytics. He is the Director and Professor at International Management Institute (IMI) Bhubaneswar and has over 36 years of experience in teaching and research. He has served on varied positions with prominent institutions including IIM Lucknow, IIFT New Delhi, IMI New Delhi. He is also an SAP certified trainer and trained Faculties across the Globe.
Prof. Behl was born on Wednesday, 17 October 1962 (age 58 years; as of 2021) to Shri (Late) Malik Ram Behl and Smt Sudarshana Behl. He is married to Mrs. Seema Behl and has two children. He counts Kanpur University, IIFT as his alma mater. Prof. Behl is a United Nations fellow on Information Systems and International Operations and SAP Certified Trainer.
After his Master’s degree, Prof. Behl started his career with Statesman Ltd. in 1984 as leader of the Newspaper automation team. He then went on to hold research and academic positions with IIM Lucknow, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, and IMI New Delhi before taking over the reins as the Director of IMI Bhubaneswar in 2012. His leadership has been instrumental in the institute’s growth as one of the top B Schools in the country in less than a decade.
An International Accredited Professor of International Accreditation Organization, USA, Prof. Behl is on the Board of leading Business Schools and Technology Companies. He has conducted several workshops for students and faculty members at top institutions in Asia, Europe, Australia and North America.
- Prof. Behl has gained expertise in Enterprise Systems and e-Business Strategies, Business Analytics, CRM and Cloud Computing.
- He has offered training workshops to more than 10000 mid and senior-level executives.
- He served as a member of the Core Group on Electronic Commerce by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
- He offers consulting advice to organizations on Information and E-Business and has developed software for industry use.
- He is the author of 26 books and has numerous research papers to his credit.
- He has won numerous accolades and recognitions as a demonstration of his leadership qualities and innovations.
Author of 27 books, some of the selected books are:
- “Information Technology for Management 3/e”, The book is published by Tata McGraw Hill, 2021.
- “Entrepreneurship and Regional Development Analyzing Growth Models in Emerging Markets” – Edited. Book is published by Palgrave Macmillan, USA, October, 2020.
- “Management Information Systems 11/e”, Co-authored. The book is published by McGraw Hill Education, 2019.
- “Innovation, Technology, and Market Ecosystems — Managing Industrial Growth in Emerging Markets” – Edited. Book is published by Palgrave Macmillan, USA, October, 2019.
- ‘Business Governance and Society – Analyzing Shifts, Conflicts, and Challenges” – Edited. Book is published by Palgrave Macmillan, USA, October, 2018.
- ‘Start-Up Enterprises and Contemporary Innovation Strategies in the Global Marketplace’ – Edited. Book is published by IGI-Global Publisher of USA in November 2017
- “Business Analytics and Cyber Security Management in Organizations” – Edited. Book is published by IGI Global Publishers of USA in December, 2016.
- “Information Systems Today – Managing in the Digital World 6/e”. International Edition Contributor. The book is published by Pearson U.K, 2013.
- “PC Tools for Managers”, co-authored. The book is published by M/S Global Business Press, New Delhi,1998.
- “On-Line Databases in International Trade” – Edited. Book is published by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, 1996.
Awards & Honors
- First Position in University – M.Sc. (1983). I have been a university topper and a recipient of the University Gold Medal in M.Sc Examination.
- United Nations fellow on Information Systems and International Operations.
- First “Outstanding Academic Award 2010” from SAP, South East Asia, Japan.
- “Best Professor in Information Technology” as part of Asia’s Best B-School Awards presented by CMO Asia in July 2011.
- “Best Professor in Information Technology Management” as part of 21st Dewang Mehta Business School Awards on 23rd October, 2013.
- “Global Excellence Award” in July 2014
- “Indira Gandhi Award for Excellence” in July 2014
- Rashtriya Jewels Award” and “Shining Achievers Award” in January, 2015
- “Change Maestro and Institutional Builder” in February 2020
- Claude Shannon Memorial Award of Excellence for “Sterling Academic Leadership in IT Education” in April, 2021
- Member JIMS Board since 2009
- Member Board of Governors of Eagle Information Systems Ltd. since 2009
- Member IMI Delhi and Bhubaneswar Board since October 2010.
- Member IMI Kolkata Board since September 2012 till October, 2016
- Member Executive Council of NHRDN Bhubaneswar since March, 2016
- Member SAP APJC Academic Board since October, 2020
- External Activities
Was member of the Core Group on Electronic Commerce set-up by Ministry of Commerce, Government of India. Internationally acclaimed SAP consultant and trainer. Conducted training and delivered lectures to the faculty and students of various International universities in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, China, Germany, South Korea and Thailand.