Dan Ahdoot is an Iranian-Jewish-American actor, writer, producer, and comedian. He is best known for his stand-up comedy sets and his TV appearances in Disney’s Kickin’ It, Showtime’s Shameless, and the Sesso series Bajillion Dollar Propertie$.
Dan Ahdoot was born on Sunday, March 29, 1981 (age 40 years; as of 2021) in Great Neck, New York. His zodiac sign is Aries. After completing his schooling in New York, Dan went to John Hopkins University, Baltimore for his pre-med studies, where he inclined towards stand-up comedy, and he decided to pursue comedy as a full-time profession. He started writing skits for the Hopkins improv group, Buttered Niblets, but the group found the skits edgy and rejected them. Dan performed his first-ever stand-up set at the Winchester Comedy Club in Baltimore.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Family & Ethnicity
Dan Ahdoot belongs to an Iranian-Jewish-American family. Jewish Light
Parents & Siblings
Dan Ahdoot has a younger brother, Dave Ahdoot.
As a comedian
After completing his pre-med studies, Dan started attending acting classes with the comedy improv groups, the Upright Citizens Brigade, and Second City New York. Soon, Dan teamed up with five more people and started his own improv group, Gunshow. Along with improv, Dan was also working as an ad-sales researcher at Comedy Central. In a party at Comedy Central, Dan met a writer who was working on the show Crank Yankers, and he was looking for a writer to get some original concepts. He sent the writer a few concept ideas, and the writers at the show were so impressed that they hired him as a freelance writer. Dan left the show after working for two years, and he started working on his stand-up comedy career and opened for comedians like Dave Chappelle, Lewis Black, and Jay Mohr. Dan has written scripts for shows on CBS, FOX, Hulu, Freeform, and Pop TV.
As an actor
Dan made his digital debut with the 2007 film ‘Twisted Fortune’ where he played the role of Hrundi Bakshi Jr. He then appeared in the Disney XD comedy television series “Kickin’ It.” Since then, he has appeared on many TV shows and movies. Dan is best known for his appearance as Amir Yaghoob on the American comedy series ‘Bajillion Dollar Propertie$.’ In 2018, Dan was critically acclaimed for his role of ‘Anoush’ in the martial-arts comedy-drama television series ‘Cobra Kai.’
- According to Dan, he tried to impress girls during his freshman year and to accomplish this feat, he even learned salsa dance form; however, he failed in this try. During a karaoke party in his college, Dan thought that it would be cool and funny to sing ‘Rainbow Connection’ with Kermit’s voice; however, people laughed at him for this act and kept teasing him throughout his college years.
- Ahdoot has a wide range of genres when it comes to jokes, and his two favourite categories are racial jokes and jokes about his father. According to Dan, his father, being an immigrant in the United States, was concerned only about his family’s subsistence in the country, and he was ignorant about any other happening around him. He further added that his father’s lack of knowledge of the American culture proved to be a great source of new content for his comedy sets.
- Dan has also appeared on many late-night comedy shows like The Tonight Show, Conan O’ Brian, etc. He is also a frequent performer at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles, California.
- Dan Ahdoot loves visiting new cities and trying out their delicacies. In December 2020, Dan started a podcast ‘Green Eggs and Dan,’ where he invited celebrities and comedians and talked about their eating habits and the food they had in their fridge.
- Dan loves cooking, and on his Instagram account, he often posts pictures of the food he cooks. He believes that one can always find food as a great way to start a conversation with anyone. Instagram
- Dan occasionally enjoys consuming alcoholic beverages and smoking.
- In February 2021, Dan Ahdoot featured in the comedy television series ‘The Crew’ that aired on the streaming service Netflix. Other members of the cast are Kevin James, Gary Anthony Williams, Sarah Stiles, and Jillian Mueller.
References [ + ]