Dacre Montgomery is an Australian actor who is known for his portrayal of ‘Billy Hargrove’ in the famous American TV series ‘Stranger Things’ (2017-19).
Dacre Montgomery was born as ‘Dacre Kayd Montgomery-Harvey’ on Tuesday, November 22, 1994 (age 26 years; as in 2020), in Perth, Western Australia. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He did his schooling from Mount Lawley Senior High School, Perth. He took Dramatic Arts for his secondary schooling. He took his degree in acting from the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) at Edith Cowan University in 2015.
Height IMDb: 5’ 10”
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
Dacre Montgomery was born to Judith Barrett-Lennard, a Canadian, and Scott Montgomery-Harvey, a New Zealander. In the 90s, his mother did broadcasting and his father was a lecturer at the sound department of WAAPA. His parents worked in the screen industry in Australia.
He has a younger sister named Saskia.
In March 2018, he came into a relationship with the model Liv Pollock and has been with her since then.
At the age of nine, he began working as a screen and theater actor. He made his acting debut with the Australian TV short ‘The Family Tree Pilot Trailor’ as ‘Will’ in 2011.
He further appeared in the short films: Betrand the Terrible (2011), Tryptophan (2015), and Godot’s Clinic (2015). He made his television debut with the American TV series ‘Stranger Things’ (2017-19) in the lead role of ‘Billy Hargrove.’
He made his American film debut with the film ‘Better Watch Out’ as ‘Jeremy’ in 2016.
He also acted in the American films: Power Rangers (2017) and The Broken Hearts Gallery (2020). In 2017, he made his Australian film debut with ‘A few Less Man’ as ‘Mike’.
He made his debut as a director, producer, and writer with the American short film ‘In Vitro’ (2020).
In July 2019, he released his new podcast ‘DKHM,’ which is beat poetry in form of music. According to Dacre, he spent two years in compiling his poetry and collaborated with various musicians to vitalize his poems. The podcast is available at Spotify and iTunes.
On October 27, 2020, he published his first poetry collection of poems titled ‘DKMH: Poems by Dacre Montgomery’ via Andrews McMeel Publishing.
- Actor(s): Jack Nicholson, Tom Hardy, Benicio del Toro, Adam Sandler, Brad Pitt
- Film(s): Warrior (2011), Uncut gems, Ad Astra (2019), Mystic River (2003)
- TV Series: Escape at Dannemora (2018)
- Book(s): The Sun and her Flowers by Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- Fictional Character: Batman, Spiderman
For his role in Stranger Things, he used to get an amount of $150,000 as of 2019. Fox Business
- Mercedes Benz Maybach 6 Cabriolet
- Audi TTS
- He likes watching television shows and movies and reading books.
- In his school days, Dacre was fat, didn’t have friends, and was bullied. He took the experience of bullying that he faced in school days to incorporate it into his character ‘Billy’ from ‘Stranger Things.’
- In his high school 2011 yearbook, he was voted ‘Most Likely to Become a Hollywood Celebrity.’
- In the first year of his studies at WAAPA, he was asked to leave the course three times as he was going through personal problems, which made him detached and arrogant. Later, he coped up from his issues and started afresh. Talking about it, he said,
I had spent so long manifesting this idea that I wanted to go to drama school, and once I was there, I was maybe a little bit arrogant. I didn’t want to learn Feldenkrais, I didn’t want to learn these multiple vocal techniques. There was a lot of stuff going on in my life: I got fired from my job, my girlfriend and I went on a break, all this stuff happened at the end of first year. I was told by my teachers, ‘Look, if you want to come back here after the summer, you’ve got to think long and hard about what you’re capable of.’ After taking a short break, I returned with a different perspective and attitude. I came back, and we had our first public plays, and it was amazing.”
- According to Dacre, he is a descendant of Charles II of England, the King of England, Scotland, and Ireland, from 1660 to 1685, and King of Scotland, from 1649 to 1651. He has descended from Charles’ daughter, Anne Lennard, Countess of Sussex. In fact, his name ‘Dacre’ was kept after the Barons Dacre of England (a Baronship that traces back to 1321), who was predecessor from his mother’s side. Bustle
- In 2016, he appeared in the music video of ‘Chateau’ by Angus & Julia Stone.
- He has acted as ‘Robert’ in the music video of ‘Old Souls’ by the Australian Metal band ‘Make Them Suffer’ in 2017.
- For his audition for Stranger Things, he played the role of bully Ace Merrill from the Amerian film ‘Stand by Me’ (1986), which was played by Kiefer Sutherland in the original film.
- In 2018, he completed an internship with the LA-based celebrity interior designer Adam Hunter and announced that they will partner to open a restaurant in two years in Los Angeles.
- In 2020, he became the Ambassador to the Australian Red Cross and actively shows his support to the organization through his social media handles.
- He hates Vegemite, an iconic Australian food spread made from leftover brewers’ yeast extract with various vegetable and spice additives, loved by most of the Australians.
References [ + ]