Josha Stradowski is a Dutch actor. He is known for his role as ‘Joris’ in the Dutch film Gewoon Vrienden (2018) and ‘Rand Al’ Thor’ the American television series The Wheel of Time (2021).
Josha Stradowski was born in 1995 (age 25 years; as in 2020) in Rotterdam, Netherlands. From 2004 to 2009, he attended Youth Theater Hofplein, Rotterdam. In 2008, he went to Codarts, Rotterdam to take a preliminary course in dancing. From 2009 to 2014, he went to Theatre VWO Hofplein to learn acting. He graduated from Amsterdam School of the Arts (Amsterdamse Hogeschool voor de Kunsten). In 2010, he attended Lucia Marthas Institute For Performing Arts, Amsterdam.
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Light Brown
Family & Ethnicity
As a Theatre Artist
Josha Stradowski began his acting career as a theatre artist in 2006 with the play ‘Kuifje: De Zonnetempel’ directed by Frank van Laecke.
He then acted in musicals such as Ciske de Rat (2007) and Sound of Music (2008). In 2017, he played his first lead role in the play ‘Gender’ directed by Timothy de Gilde at Toneelgroep Oostpool, Arnhem.
He has also acted in the plays: Bromance (2018) and Oedipus (2018).
In 2011, he began his television career with the Dutch series ‘Liefdesplein’ in the lead role of ‘Max.’ He then starred in Dutch Naranjina en de Kadekapers (2011), Spangas (2012), Verborgen Verhalen (2012), High Flyers (2020). He made his American debut with the series ‘The Wheel of Time’ (2021) as ‘Rand Al’Thor.’
He made his film debut with the Dutch short Uitgesproken (2013) as ‘Niels.’
He has acted in the short films: Kick-ass (2015), Sirene (2017), Ik kan Vliegen (2017), and Alpha (2017). His feature film debut was with ‘Gewoon Vrienden’ (2018) as ‘Joris.’
He was then seen in the 2019 film ‘Instinct’ as ‘man.’
- Books: ‘Letters to a Young Poet’ by Rainer Maria Rilke, ‘The Eye of the World’ by Robert Jordan
- Travel Destinations: Poland, Croatia, Prague, Tucson, Los Angeles
- He is fluent in Dutch, English, and German.
- He has an interest in music and is good at singing and playing the piano.
- He is also good at tennis, kite surfing, boxing, archery, sword fighting, swimming, and horse riding.
- He won Best Performance in a leading role for the film ‘Gewoon Vrienden’ at OUT at the Movies Int’l LGBT Film Fest in 2018.