Bhumika Bahl is an Indian celebrity makeup artist, makeup educator, glamologist, image consultant, and grooming and etiquette expert. She is popular for her bridal and pre-bridal makeup looks. She is mainly known for conducting online makeup courses and workshops.
Bhumika Bahl was born in 1993 (age 30 years; as of 2023) in Faridabad, Haryana. She did her schooling at Delhi Public School, Faridabad. She pursued B. Com at Kamala Nehru College, Delhi. She later pursued M.Com at Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). She completed her B.Ed from Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati University, Rohtak, Haryana in 2019. She holds a Diploma of Professional Makeup Artist from the Masters Academy of Makeup Art (MAMA).
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents. She has a sister.
Husband & Children
She first got married when she was 24 years old; however, the couple part their ways in 2020, after three years of their marriage.
Senior Auditor in Ernst & Young
During the last year of her bachelor’s degree, Bhumika Bahl got a job as a Senior Financial Auditor at Ernst & Young (E&Y) in Gurgaon through college placement. She worked there for more than three years and resigned in 2017.
Makeup Artist & Educator
She wanted to become a makeup artist since childhood. She quit her job as a Senior Financial Auditor at Ernst & Young to pursue a career as a makeup artist. She saved money by giving some spoken English classes for one year so that she could pursue Beautician Courses. She later pursued various courses for makeup in her state and attended various workshops by some international makeup artists. Initially, she started making makeup transformation videos on TikTok, where she started getting numerous views on her videos. However, after the ban of TikTok in India in June 2020, she started making makeup tutorial videos on Instagram. Soon she started conducting online courses and workshops for makeup. As of 2023, she runs her own institute in Faridabad and also provides online makeup courses to Indian and foreign students.
She bought a BMW car in 2022.
- Her other name is Bhumika Bansal.
- After quitting her job as Senior Financial Auditor at Ernst & Young, she started taking spoken English classes, where she used to teach almost 12 batches in a day. Her students ranged from fifth-standard to university-level students.
- She started conducting online classes for makeup in India even before the pandemic started.
- In an interview, she said that through her makeup classes, she wanted to help those people who wanted to pursue a career in the field of makeup artist but lacked support and guidance. She further said that she wished she had a guide like her when she began her career as a makeup artist. She said,
I wish I had someone like me in the makeup industry when I started.”
- Her students and clients ranged from the age group of 15 years to 65 years.
- Her three-day course named ‘FLY’ (First Love Yourself) is one of her most popular courses in which she teaches self-makeup.
- Bahl has taken part in various beauty pageants such as ‘Star Mr. & Miss Teen India’ and ‘Mr. & Miss Fameasia International 2019’ as a makeup artist and groomer.
- The makeup artist has also been a part of the jury for various beauty pageants including ‘Mr. & Miss India Classic 2020’ and ‘Mr. & Miss Chhattisgarh India 2020.’
- She often shares her makeup tutorial videos on various social media platforms and has a huge fan following on social media with 2.2K followers on Facebook, 1M on Instagram, and 336 K followers on her YouTube channel ‘Bhumika Behl Official.’
- In April 2023, she appeared on the chat show ‘Almost Famous’ hosted by Samdeep Ved.
- Apart from being a makeup artist, she is also a motivational speaker. She often gives motivational lectures at TEDx events.
- She has done makeup for various celebrities including Prince Narula, Lopa Mudra Raut, Rohit Khandelwal, Randeep Rai, and Abhilash Kumar.