Ashwini Koul is an Indian television actor. He rose to fame after he contested the dating show ‘MTV Splitsvilla’ in season 6 and 7.
Ashwini Koul was born on Wednesday, 1 September 1993 (age 26 years; as in 2019) in Delhi. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
He dropped out after his first year of B.Tech.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Ashwini Koul belongs to a Punjabi Family.
He has a brother named Akshay Koul.
He was in a relationship with Sanjana Ganesan but their relationship didn’t last long.
He was rumoured to be dating Sana Sayyad.
Reportedly, Ashwini is currently dating the actress Charu Mehra.
He made his TV debut with the dating show “MTV Splitsvilla” in season 6 and 7 as the participant in the show.
He started his career as a model for an advertisement for Jabong.com. He made his acting debut with the Big Magic’s show “Boyz,” in which he played the lead role of ‘Sumit.’
- ‘Rahul’ in Sony TV’s show “Tara From Satara” (2019)
- ‘Lakshya’ in Sony TV’s popular show “Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi” (2016-17)
- ‘Siddharth Rajput’ in MTV’s show “Warrior High” (2015)
In 2013, he was arrested for molesting a girl, who he had befriended via a social media platform. Reportedly, Ashwini had befriended this girl on social media account and both used to chat with each other until Ashwini asked her to meet. Upon meeting, Ashwini behaved inappropriately with her, and the girl registered a case against Ashwin. According to Ashwini, he was being framed in the matter because he had rejected the girl when she asked him to go to her room.
- Food: Curry and Rice
- Dessert: Walnut Brownie, Vanilla ice cream
- Actors: Ranbir Kapoor
- Actress: Konkona Sen Sharma
- Sports: Cricket, Snooker
- Colour: Black
- TV Shows: Game of Thrones Series, Breaking Bad Series, Narcos Series, Suits Series
- He likes watching movies and gymming.
— Ashwini Koul (@koulashwini2) September 1, 2019
- His close friends and relatives call him ‘Tunnu’ with love.
- Initially, Ashwini wanted to become a VJ and participated in “MTV Splitsvilla” to be one. After Ashwini contested in the season 1 of the show, he started getting acting offers, which he couldn’t decline. Eventually, he became an actor.
- During the show “MTV Splitsvilla,” Ashwini revealed that he was in a relationship with two girls at a time, and he broke up with the both because he was bored with them.
- In 2014, he was featured in the Sprite advertisement along with the actor Pulkit Samrat.
- Reportedly, he quit the Sony TV’s show “Tara From Satara” (2019), in which he played the lead role of ‘Rahul’ to participate in Bigg Boss 13. The other reason for quitting the show was that Ashwini wasn’t pleased with the story of the show.
- He is an athletic person and likes to play cricket and snooker.
- He also participated in the sports reality TV show “Box Cricket League” in 2018 and 2019.