Anushka Kaushik is an Indian actress. She is known for playing the role of Vidhi Gupta in the Amazon Prime web series Crash Course.
Anushka Kaushik was born on Wednesday, 21 July 1999 (age 24 years, as of 2023) in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. Anushka completed her schooling at Sophia Girls’ senior secondary school, Saharanpur. Soon after completing her schooling, Anushka pursued a Bachelor of Commerce at Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi University, New Delhi. Fascinated by dance and acting since childhood, Anushka often participated in various cultural functions in her school. During an interview, Anushka recalled her school days and said that a teacher advised her to shift from Saharanpur to Delhi to pursue a career in acting. Anushka said,
I always believe that if a person wants then what can’t he do. I think if he wants, he can come from any place, whether from the village and make his mark. So acting was my dream since childhood. I am actually a classical dancer since childhood. So I felt that dancing would make it easier for me to act. I used to act in school too, so everyone knew that I loved acting. Then one of my teachers said that if you want to take acting seriously, then take admission in DU because theater is very good there. So the basis of the college I chose was also that there should be a very good drama society. I did theater there.”
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 52kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 36-28-34
Anushka Kaushik’s father, Rajiv Kaushik, is an engineer and works in an ITC company.
Anushka Kaushik’s mother’s name is Kusum Sharma. Her brother, Sarthak Kaushik, is a software engineer.
Anushka Kaushik follows Hinduism. Facebook – Anushka Kaushik
Anushka, while she was pursuing her undergraduate degree in Delhi, was associated with various theatre groups in her college. In 2019, Anushka Kaushik made her acting debut with the Hindi film S. P. Chauhan. In the same year, she was featured in the role of a bride’s friend in the Amazon Prime web series Made in Heaven.
In 2019, Anushka appeared in the Amazon Prime web series Flames Season 2 in which she played the role of Jaskirath. Subsequently, Anushka has been featured in many short videos of The Viral Fever like Sharing Flat With Neighbour, When Desi Girl Dates Modern Guy, When A Hindu Dates, When An Extrovert Dates An Introvert When Your Boyfriend Is Too Hot To Handle, Dating In Office, Alright! Date With A Sakht Launda, Why Girl Best Friends Are The Best, Alright! | Date With Senior, How to Impress Your College Crush, Holi With In-Laws, Sharing Flat With Girlfriend, Alright! | Office Ka Pyaar, Locked In A Car With EX, Truth Or Dare With Girlfriend, and many more. In 2022, she was featured in the web series Ghar Waapsi in which she played the role of Suruchi Dwivedi. In the same year, she was featured in the Netflix web series Thar in which she played the role of Babita.
- Anushka Kaushik’s real name is Anushka Sharma. Later, she adopted the last name ‘Kaushik.’ According to Anushka, she changed her surname because there was already an Anushka Sharma in the entertainment industry.
- Anushka Kaushik follows a non-vegetarian diet. Instagram – Anushka Kaushik
- Anushka Kaushik, during an interview, recalled an interaction with one of her family friends wherein her mother mentioned Anushka’s acting stint, and his reaction left them embarrassed. Anushka said,
That uncle said, ‘Film industry! ladkiyon ki toh ye halat hoti hai’. He told how the industry is not good for girls and spoke about the casting couch. I still remember the expression on my mother’s face, it had fallen. She even countered him saying that her daughter won’t be doing anything like that. She really wanted to support me, but her world is different. Though my world has changed, hers is still the same. My mother stopped mentioning (to anyone) that she is an actor. She got embarrassed. And that episode hit me hard.”
- Trained in classical dance since childhood, Anushka, in an interview, recalled that she started taking dance lessons because she thought that dance can help her in building a career in acting. Anushka said,
I always believe that if a person wants then what can’t he do. I think if he wants, he can come from any place, whether from the village and make his mark. So acting was my dream since childhood. I am actually a classical dancer since childhood. So I felt that dancing would make it easier for me to act. I used to act in school too, so everyone knew that I loved acting. Then one of my teachers said that if you want to take acting seriously, then take admission in DU because theater is very good there. So the basis of the college I chose was also that there should be a very good drama society. I did theater there.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- Initially, Anushka’s mother, Kusum Sharma, was sceptical about Anushka’s career in acting. In an interview, Anushka talked about this and said that initially, owing to Anushka’s decision to pursue a full-time career as an actor, her mother stopped talking to her though they lived in the same house. Anushka said,
Because of this, there was a time when my mother and I did not talk to each other even though we lived in the same house. When we had to talk, we used to do it on the phone. But they didn’t talk face to face. The reason for this was acting. I used to say that I promise that I will not do anything wrong but this is what I have to do. At that time she was also angry. Sometimes he used to feel bad about the dress and sometimes about something. Even now they get angry on some things. This is our generation gap. Life has changed a lot for me but for them the world is still the same, their people are the same, the things that are happening are the same. So as a youth we have to understand that the world is the same for the parents.
- In 2020, she made an appearance as a speaker at TEDx talks organised at NMIMS, Shirpur, Pune; she was the only girl speaker on the panel.
- In 2022, Anushka Kaushik was nominated for the Best Actress Award in the category of comedy for the web series Ghar Waapsi at the Popular Awards.