Anita is an Indian TV actress. She has appeared in various Telugu, Hindi, Kannada, and Tamil films. She shot to fame with her role of Tanushree in the TV serial “Kabhii Sautan Kabhi Sahelii” (2001).
Wiki/Biography & Career
Anita Hassandani was born on Monday, 14 April 1980 (age 39 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Her zodiac sign is Aries. After completing her education, Anita decided to pursue her acting career.
She made her debut on television in 1998 with “Hare Kaanch Ki Churiya.” She received recognition for Star Plus’ show “Kabhii Sautan Kabhi Sahelii” by playing the role of Tanushree. Next, she played the protagonist in the television show “Kkavyanjali.”
In 2002, Anita made her Tamil film debut with “Samurai” where she played a supporting role. In 2003, she made her Bollywood debut with “Kucch To Hai.” Thereafter, she appeared in films like “Krishna Cottage,” “Koi Aap Sa,” and “Yeh Dil.”
Hassanandani has hosted TV shows like Comedy Nights Ka Jadoo and Code Red. She was also a part of Comedy Nights Bachao.
In 2008, Anita participated in Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi. She entered the season 8 of the dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, as a wild card entry.
Since 2013, she has been playing the role of Shagun Arora in Star Plus’ show “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein,” and since 2008, she is also seen portraying the role of Vishakha Khanna in Ekta Kapoor’s “Naagin 3.”
She has also acted in TV commercials of EverYuth, Sunsilk, Boroplus, and Dominos.
In 2019, Hassanandani along with her husband, Rohit Reddy appeared as a Contestant Jodi in Nach Baliye 9.
Height: 5′ 3″
Weight: 55 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 34-28-34
Family & Husband
Anita was born into a Hindu Family. Her father is a businessman. Her mother, Kavita Hassanandani, is a housewife. She has one elder sister.
Anita Hassanandani was engaged to her Kkavyanjali co-star, Eijaz Khan. The couple broke-up in 2010 due to Eijaz’s closeness with Canadian singer, Natalie De Luccio.
On 14 October 2013, Anita tied the knot with her longtime boyfriend, Rohit Reddy. Rohit is a businessman.
Anita went into depression for almost 6 months due to her failed film career.
- Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress Jury for Kkavyanjali (2005)
- Television style Award for Most Stylish Vamp (2015)
Anita gets paid around ₹ 50-60 thousand per episode. She has a net worth of around $4 million.
- Food: Fish curry
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Actresses: Hema Malini, Rekha, Dimple Kapadia
- Film: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- Book: Love Story by Erich Segal
- Colour: Green, Purple, Yellow
- Perfume: Insolence by Guerlain
- Travel Destination: Goa, London
- Cartoon Character: Tom & Jerry
- Her hobbies include reading and cooking.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol at various events.
- She has got inked the letter ‘R with a Heart’ on her left forearm and a butterfly tattooed on her left foot.
- In an interview, the actress revealed that the couple is planning to have a child post the wrap up of Nach Baliye 9.
- According to some sources, Anita is one of the highest-paid contestants on Nach Baliye 9.
- Nach Baliye 9 is the first show where she will be seen with her husband, Rohit Reddy.
- At the beginning of her career, Hassanandani adopted the name ‘Natassha’ on Ekta Kapoor‘s advice due to numerological reasons. However, after doing a few projects under that name, she started working under her original name ‘Anita.’
- Hassanandani has worked in almost all the Indian film industries including Telugu, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, and Punjabi Films.
- Her husband, Rohit Reddy, gifted Anita an online venture, TheBagTalk.com on one of her birthdays. The venture is jointly owned by Anita and Tushar Jain of HSCV.
- Under her business venture, TheBagTalk.com, Anita has launched her own line of signature bags for women.