Amulya Gowda is an Indian actress who primarily appears in Kannada language television shows. She is well-known for playing the role of Kamali in the Kannada television show ‘Kamali’ on Zee Kannada (May 2018).
Amulya Omkar Gowda Amulya Omkar Gowda – Instagram was born on Friday, 8 January 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Mysuru, Karnataka, India. Vijaya Karnataka Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. Amulya earned a diploma in computer science. Deccan Chronicle
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Parents & Siblings
Amulya’s father’s name is Omkar Gowda.
There is not much information available about Amulya’s mother.
Husband & Children
As of 2022, Amulya Gowda is unmarried.
In September 2022, in one of the episodes of Big Boss Kannada season 9, Amulya admitted that during her college days, she dated a boy from college. She said,
“I had a boyfriend in college. Not now.” Vijaya Karnataka
In January 2014, Amulya made her acting debut with the television show Swati Muthu on Suvarna TV.
In May 2018, she shot to fame for playing the lead role of Kamali in the television show Kamali on Zee Kannada. In an interview, Amulya shared her experience of gaining recognition from the television show Kamali and said,
Though I have worked in series before, Kamali, this one gave me recognition. People recognise me by the name of my character wherever I go. It is a surreal feeling. Though we faced many hiccups during peak Covid days, we managed to strike a chord with the audience. This shows the strength of our teamwork.” The Times of India
In May 2019, Amulya played the role of Hita Pradhan in the television show Aramane on Star Suvarna. In August 2021, she appeared in the television show Punar Vivah on Zee Kannada. In March 2022, Amulya made her Telugu debut with the television show Karthika Deepam in which she played the role of Shourya on Star Maa.
In 2011, Amulya participated in the game reality show Yariguntu Yarigilla on Zee Kannada. Yariguntu Yarigilla is a women-oriented game show in which contestants participate in fun challenges to win certain gifts.
In September 2022, she appeared as a contestant in the Kannada reality show Bigg Boss season 9 on Colors Kannada, hosted by Kiccha Sudeep, an Indian actor, director, and producer.
Amulya Gowda has a total of two tattoos.
- A crown tattoo on the left foot’s ankle.
- A tattoo on Amulya’s right hand’s wrist.
- Actor: Darshan Thoogudeepa (an Indian actor who primarily appears in Kannada films)
- Holiday Destination(s): Goa, Mysuru, Thirthahalli, and Mangaluru
- Quote: “I don’t consider myself single & alone, I consider myself independent & available”
- Amulya is fondly called the cutest vamp Deccan Chronicle and Ammu Amulya Gowda – Instagram by her family and friends.
- In an interview, on being asked how she took acting as a career, Amulya said,
It was during my student days pursuing a diploma in computer science that a friend recommended a TV venture. I had earlier participated in a reality game show Yariguntu Yarigilla, so it was not that I aspired to become an actress. Fortunately, opportunity knocked at the right time. Since then, there has been no looking back. My parents supported me and without them, the journey would not have been fruitful.” Deccan Chronicle
- Amulya is fond of travelling and reading novels.
- In an interview, Amulya talked about the challenge she faced while playing the role of a village girl, Kamali, in the Kannada television show Kamali and said,
Initially, it was challenging to play Kamali, as I had to speak in rural Kannada dialect, but now, I am so used to it that I speak the same Kannada at home,” The Times of India
- Amulya is a fitness enthusiast, and she often shares her workout pictures on social media.
- In an interview, Amulya revealed that she never aspired to become an actress and said,
No one from my family is into acting. I had never made a conscious effort to become an actress. It just happened. But I am glad that I took the right decision at the right time,” The Times of India