Ahad Raza Mir is a Pakistani-Canadian actor. He is the son of Asif Raza Mir, a veteran actor and producer in the Pakistani film and television industry. He is known for his lead role in the Shakespearean play Hamlet.
Ahad Raza Mir was born on Wednesday, 29 September 1993 (age 30 years; as of 2023) in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. His zodiac sign is Libra. Ahad grew up in Canada and is a Canadian national, and also holds a UK residence visa. Even though his father was also a film director, he did not want Asif Raza Mir to be an actor. While pursuing a BBA, Ahad Raza Mir realized he wanted to become an actor and decided to drop out. Later, he pursued a Bachelor of Fine Arts in acting, directing, and playwriting at the University of Calgary, Canada. After graduation, he attended the Performing Arts High School in New York.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 35 inches, Waist: 32 inches, Biceps: 14 inches
Parents & Siblings
Ahad Raza Mir’s father, Asif Raza Mir, is a Pakistani actor and producer, and his mother, Samra Raza Mir, is a musician who was part of Pakistan’s first female band, Symphony. He has a younger brother, Adnan Raza Mir, who is a Pakistani actor.
Wife & Children
Ahad Raza Mir got married to Sajal Aly, a Pakistani actress, on 14 March 2020. The couple had a lavish traditional wedding ceremony in Abu Dhabi. The pre-wedding ceremonies like Dholki and Mayyon began a week before their wedding in Karachi, Pakistan. They had a traditional Nikah wedding ceremony with only close family members in Abu Dhabi. ABP News After the wedding, Ahad Raza Mir shared the news about his wedding with his fans on his Instagram account in which he wrote,
Here’s to new beginnings. Today we are happy to announce that with the blessings of our families we are officially engaged. Our special day will be even more special with the love and prayers of our family, friends, and fans. — Ahad & Sajal.”
In January 2022, Sajal Aly and Ahad Raza Mir were rumoured to be getting separated only after a year of their marriage. The rumours started coming after Ahad was not seen attending Sajal Aly’s sister Saboor Aly’s wedding festivities, instead he attended some other wedding in Dubai with his parents. But Sajal shut the rumours by posting a romantic picture of herself with her husband on her Instagram story but the couple separated after two years of marriage and got divorced in 2022.
Raza Mir was the paternal grandfather of Ahad Raza Mir. Raza Mir was a Pakistani cinematographer, producer, and director who was the cinematographer of Pakistan’s first-ever film, Teri Yaad (1948).
After Ahad got divorced, there were speculations of him dating his co-star Ramsha Khan. These rumours were on the basis that Ramsha Khan had also broken up with her boyfriend around the same time. Ramsha Khan’s ex-boyfriend, Bilal Abbas Khan, a Pakistani actor, unfollowed both Ramsha Khan and Ahad Raza Mir soon after she started working on the show Hum Tum (2022).
When asked about the rumours of their dating, Ramsha Khan denied all of the rumours and ssaid they were just friends, and Ahad was one of favourite actors, and she admired his work. The Siasat Daily
Ahad Raza Mir follows Islam.
Before making his debut in Lollywood, Ahad Raza Mir began his acting career on stage and starred in many theatre plays across Canada. He trained for 6 years as a theatre artist. He has played many theatrical roles including Tony in West Side Story (2014), Caliban in The Tempest (2014), and Musa in Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo (2015). While doing theatre in Canada, he worked with The Shakespeare Company on numerous plays of William Shakespeare including Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth. In 2019, he became the first South Asian to play the lead in the William Shakespeare play Hamlet and won an award for his performance in the play. Calgary Herald
In 2010, at the age of 17, Ahad made his acting debut with the Pakistani show Khamosiyan in which he played a small role as the son of the lead actors Sania Saeed and Faisal Rehman. He has played many roles including Salaar in Sammi (2017), Dr. Asfandyar “Asfi” Ali in Yaqeen Ka Safar (2017), and Adam Sultan in Hum Tum (2022). He became famous after his role in Hum TV’s show Yaqeen Ka Safar in 2017 for which he won multiple awards. In Yaqeen Ka Safar, Ahad was paired with Sajal Aly, and they became
the favourite on-screen couple in Pakistan.
After gaining popularity as a couple, Ahad Raza Mir and Sajal Aly appeared together in many shows including Dhoop Ki Deewar (2021) and Aangan (2017).
Ahad Raza Mir made his OTT debut with the Pakistani drama web series Dhoop Ki Deewar (2021) on ZEE5. Later, he played the role of Arjun Batra in Resident Evil (2022), an American action horror television series on Netflix, and Rajib in World on Fire (2023), a British war drama television series on BBC One.
Ahad Raza Mir has appeared in advertisements for many brands like Mountain Dew, Xiaomi Pakistan, Republic by Omar Farooq, and Coca-Cola Pakistan.
- In 2019, he won the Betty Mitchell Award for “Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Drama” for his lead role in Hamlet.
- In 2016, he won the Calgary Theatre Critics’ Award for Best Actor in a Musical for the Musical “Naughty But Nice.”
- In 2018, he won the Best Television Actor Award for the Pakistani drama Yaqeen Ka Safar (2017) at the Lux Style Awards.
- In 2018, he won the Onscreen Couple Popular Award for the Pakistani drama Yaqeen Ka Safar (2017) at Hum Awards.
- In 2018, he won the Best Television Sensation Male Award for the Pakistani drama Yaqeen Ka Safar (2017) at Hum Awards.
- Singer: Led Zepplin
- Play: Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- Food: Dal Chawal, Chicken Tikka
- Ahad is often compared to his father, Asif Raza Mir, and talking about how different it was for his father, in an interview, he said,
I believe it has become more challenging to create an impression on the audience now. Back then there was only one channel and there were few actors. People used to wait for that one TV play the entire week. Now there are so many channels and actors that they get overwhelmed with all of this and it becomes difficult for viewers to choose their pick. There’s a strong competition for actors these days; you have to act, sing, dance and look good – all at the same time to get considered. You can be replaced in a second if you don’t have anything that sets you apart from others.”
- Ahad enjoys a massive fan following on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. He has more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram and 440 thousand followers on Facebook.
- According to Ahad, had he not been an actor, he would become a chef.
- Ahad enjoys playing guitar and started guitar, and he started playing the guitar.
- In 2018, he appeared as a featured artist on season 11 of the Pakistani television programme and international music franchise Coke Studio in which he sang a rendition of a famous Pakistani song “Ko Ko Korina.”
The song was not well received by the audience and was criticised by everyone and became the video with most dislikes on Coke Studio’s channel. Pakistan human rights minister Shireen Mazari also criticised the song and described it as a “massacre of the old classic.” The Print
- In 2021, Ahad Raza Mir was appointed as the brand ambassador of the Pakistan Pavilion at Expo 2020, Dubai. Khaleej Times
- Ahad Raza Mir holds a Golden Visa granted to him by the UAE government.