Adrija Addy Roy is an Indian actress, who is popularly known for acting in several Bengali television series. She became a household face after she played the titular role in a Bengali TV serial titled Mou Er Bari (2021).
Adrija Addy Roy was born on Sunday, 4 July 1999 (age 24 years; as of 2023) in Ariadaha, North 24 Parganas district, West Bengal. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. In 2015, she attended Ariadaha Sarbamangala Balika Vidyalaya in Ariadaha, Kolkata. Facebook – Adrija Roy
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Light Ash Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-28-20
She belongs to a Bengali family in Kolkata.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Ananda Roy, is a financial adviser at LIC India Forever. Her mother’s name is Gita Roy. They got married on 4 March 1997. She is an only child of her parents.
She is unmarried.
In 2020, Adrija was reportedly dating actor and model Krushal Ahuja; however, they broke up after a couple of months. In an interview, while talking about her relationship, Adrija said that she had suffered a lot mentally and further added,
I am suffering a lot mentally. I can’t share that. At the moment I have no mentality that I can love. I don’t want to be in love with anyone in the industry in the future. The kind of mentality girl that I am causes me problems. If I am with an outsider in the future, I will be fine. Whatever I do, cry, fight – they understand me. That’s why I think I can get along well with someone outside my industry.”
After the breakup, Adrija and Krushal unfollowed each other on Instagram, deleting all their pictures and videos that were taken together. Hindustan Times
In 2018, Adrija was in a relationship with her co-actor Gourab Mandal. In an interview, Gourab talked about how the two got together and said,
We both fell for each other at the same moment but expressed our feelings after a long time on a special day. It was Valentine’s Day when we proposed to each other. ”
Adrija once talked about her first relationship in an interview. However, she didn’t reveal his name and said that he was her first love. She further added,
Actually had an affair with one. But it is broken. After the relationship broke down, I was completely devastated. He was very young then. It was my first love, so I suffered a lot because of the breakup. Then I wanted to fix everything again but anyway, the matter did not work out.”
She made her acting debut with a Bengali TV series titled Bedini Moluar Kotha, which aired on Star Jalsha in 2016. In this series, she played the role of Urmimala. In 2017, she played the lead role of Rani Bimboboti Rai in the television series Sanyashi Raja, which aired on Star Jalsha and streams on the digital platform Hotstar.
Addy has played a variety of roles, which made her a household face, in Bengali TV series such as Diya Singha in ‘Jai Kali Kalkattawali’ (2017), Mou in ‘Mou Er Bari’ (2021), and Rani Karnabati in ‘Bikram Betal’ (2022). She worked in several drama TV series including Bonyo Premer Golpo (2020) and Dujone (2021).
She made her national television debut with the Hindi TV series Durga Aur Charu in 2022, which broadcasted on Colors TV. She played the role of Charu in this series.
In 2019, she made her silver screen debut with the film Parineeta in which she played the role of a supporting character named Tusu.
She appeared in the film Golper Mayajaal in 2020.
In 2020, she was featured in the official music video for the Bengali song Ashe Pashe Thak Sararat by Raj Barman.
Other Bengali songs in which she was featured are Aja Ni Aja (2019) by Rupak Tiary, Teri Meri Dosti (2020) by Mayyank Solanki, and Mujhe Azmaa (2021) by ARC. Other than this, Adrija appeared in an advertisement for PC Chandra Jewellers in 2019. Instagram – Adrija Addy Roy She was featured in the Anandabazar Patrika newspaper in 2018.
In 2018, Adrija was gifted a Hyundai Verna by her then-boyfriend Gourab Mandal.
- Food: Biryani
- Quote: “Always be yourself”
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Season: Monsoon
- Actor: Pankaj Tripathi
- She is fondly called Putu and Addy by her family and friends.
- Her hobbies include travelling, eating, singing, photography, and watching films. She loves listening to songs. Facebook – About Adrija Addy
- Addy considers film director and actor Raj Chakraborty as her guru.
- Adrija Roy had never imagined that she would get into the acting industry. Her uncle Aditya Roy, who is an actor on the small screen, was among the few people who encouraged her to audition for acting. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
At home uncle was involved in acting world But I never thought I would come into acting I was an athlete. Then some of my uncle’s friends told me about acting Audition for Chiranjit Chakraborty’s ‘Detective 2015’ That’s the beginning.”
- Before Adrija paved her way into acting, she participated in many drag-and-drop events including running and long jump tournaments at the state level; however, she later withdrew herself from these sports activities. While giving an interview, she said,
I also participated in state-level in run and long jump. But there is a lot of gap during secondary school. Again when I started, the fitness was not there anymore I walked away from the game.”
- Adrija believes she was an innocent child during her school days, who received many flowers and gifts on Valentine’s Day. She once talked about her childhood in an interview and said,
We were really innocent during school days. Dating or relationship wasn’t really a concept when I was in school. Valentine’s Day was more about giving cards, gifts or roses using our pocket money. I used to get many flowers and gifts. Since I had a strict vigilance from my family, I couldn’t take the gifts home. So, I used to distribute those gifts among my friends and take the flowers home lying that t is from my friends.”
- Adrija doesn’t get enough time to go to the gym due to her hectic work schedule; however, she finds herself exercising whenever she is free.
- She calls herself a romantic person.
- Addy had a husky named Winnie, and a Shih Tzu named Cookie. Winnie died on 2 February 2022 and Cookie died on 27 May 2022.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet and makes sure she eats a plate full of biryani on special occasions.
- She was ranked number 8 in Calcutta Times’ 10 Most Desirable Women 2020.
- She likes to play badminton.