Adoney John is a South Indian research scholar and orator. He is known for being a contestant in the TV game reality show Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 (2021).
He did his schooling at CMS High School in Mundakayam and St. Joseph’s Higher Secondary School in Peruvanthanam (2012). He did his BA in Politics from Baselius College, Kottayam. He did his MA in Political Science from Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam, Kochi, affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University (2017). He is an MPhil scholar of International Relations and Political Science (2019) and PhD scholar of Political Science at Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam, doing his research on Europe’s refugee crisis. Adoney John – Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Adoney’s father is a farmer, and his mother, a homemaker, is no more. He has a younger brother named Anant T John.
In 2017, he became the best orator in the Malayalam TV show ‘Manya Mahajanangale,’ which aired on the Kairali TV channel. He then appeared in ‘Oru Nimisham’ (2017), hosted by veteran journalist Sreekandan Nair on Flowers channel.
He also appeared in the show ‘Utan Panam’ on Mazhavil Manorama. In 2021, he appeared on the TV reality game show Bigg Boss Malayalam 3, which aired on Asianet.
As a Scholar/Orator
Adoney’s research papers have been published in several national and international research journals. He has been a guest speaker at various speeches, debates, Best Manager, Best Personality and RJ Hunt competitions across Kerala. In his college days, he has won many prizes in inter-college competitions in elocutions and debates like Sister Savio Speech Competition, CM Stephen Speech Competition, Thazhathukunnel Aaron S Cherian Memorial Speech Competition, and KMEA Speech Competition.
In 2019, he was a runnerup in the Kerala edition of the Federal Bank Speak for India competition, which is India’s largest debate.
He is a faculty member at Emric Learning, a virtual political classes and e-learning application.
He is also a guest faculty at Baselius College, Kottayam. Apart from being a faculty, he gives guest lectures and seminars to various students in history and politics.
- Film: Black (2004)
- Film Director: Mani Ratnam
- Song: ‘Nilavae Vaa’ from the film ‘Mouna Ragam’ (1986)
- Bigg Boss Malayalam is hosted by the Malayalam actor Mohanlal. In a conversation with Mohanlal during the show, Adoney was asked about the meaning of his name. Adoney replied that the name was in Hebrew and it meant ‘the ultimate of beauty, desire, and divinity.’
- According to him, his biggest support system is his family. He also says that his grandmother and teachers also helped him nourish his oratory skills.
- He is a part of the YouTube channel ‘The Argumentative Mallu,’ which was launched in April 2020. The channel is composed of students from colleges across Kerala. The students posts explainer videos on contemporary and socially relevant topics on their channel with the aim to help young people generate scientific temper and critical thinking skills.
- In 2017, he appeared in an advertisement for Kochi Metro, a rapid transit system serving the city of Kochi in Kerala.