Aditya Gadhvi is an Indian playback singer and lyricist who has lent his voice to various songs and albums. He is well known for performing in folk concerts and Navratri events. Aditya has performed in several shows with A. R. Rahman as a backing vocalist.
Aditya Gadhvi was born on Sunday, 3 April 1994 (age 28 years; as of 2022) in Himmatlal Park, Surendranagar district of Gujarat. His zodiac sign is Aries. He completed his schooling at St Kabir School, and for college studies, he went to St Xavier’s College. After completing a year at St Xavier’s College, he joined KM Music Conservatory, a higher education institution by the A. R. Rahman Foundation. Ahmedabad Mirror
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 38″, Waist 32″, Biceps 14″
Aditya Gadhvi belongs to a Gujarati family.
Parents & Siblings
Aditya’s father’s name is Yogesh Gadhvi. He is a folk singer and the former Chairperson of Gujarat Sangeet Natak Akademi. Aditya’s mother, Aarti, belongs to a family of folk singers. He has a younger sister, Jahnvi Gadhvi. His grandfather’s name is Amaldan, and his grandmother’s name is Pushpa.
Aditya has lent his voice to a few Gujarati movies. Aditya worked with A. R. Rahman on the Bollywood film Lekar Hum Deewana Dil (2014) for the background score. He has given his voice to two songs in the movie Kamasutra 3D, which were Har Har Mahadeva and Aygiri Nadani, composed by Chennai-based music directors Sachin and Sreejith. Both songs were shortlisted for Oscar nominations in 2014. In an interview, Aditya said,
I am excited. I sung both the songs only two months ago. Only yesterday did the music director inform me about the shortlist. I hope the songs get nominated and win the Oscars, too,”.
Aditya was also offered the role to play a hero in Gujarati movies, but he denied it as he was only passionate about singing. In an interview, Aditya said,
They even offered me the role of a hero in Gujarati movies. But Sufi music is my calling”.
Aditya Gadhvi has expertise in folk and Sufi Journal. He has released several songs and albums under his name. He has recorded many hit songs like Aavi Rudi Ajwaali Raat with Aishwarya Majmudar, Pankhi Re Kesariya Baalam, Hansla, Vitthal Vitthal, Tichki, Gajro, Jago Jago, Adchithooku, Sapna Vinani Raat, Dakla, Amba re Amba and many others. In 2018, Aditya recorded the song ‘Adchithooku’ from the Tamil film Viswasam with South Indian music composer D Imaan. The Times of India
Aditya Gadhvi is well known for performing in live folk concerts and Navratri events.
- Transmedia Special first “Hemu Gadhvi Award” for his achievements in the field of music at a very young age.
- 2015: Global Indian Music Academy Awards (GIMA) for Best Traditional Folk Single – Hansla
- 2018: Top Music Awards for Best Folk Song, Haji Kasam
- 2018: Certificate of Appreciation by Times Men of The Year for his contribution to uplift folk music
- 2019: Best Music award for the title song of the TV Serial Kum Kum Na Pagla Padya at the Transmedia Awards along with co-singer Rachintan Trivedi
- 2022: Awarded at Tourism Awards 2022 for his YouTube series Dhanya Dhara Gujarat
- Aditya Gadhvi performed Gujarati folk music all over Gujarat after winning the show Lok Gayak Gujarat. Not only in India, but he performed in Hong Kong as well.
- Aditya has won Gujarat’s highest T.R.P gainer show, Lok Gaayak Gujarat on ETV.
- Aditya has won the Voice of Xavier’s competition in his college, St. Xavier’s.
- He has performed with A.R. Rahman for his live shows as a backing vocalist in Dubai, Vadodara, etc.
- Priyanka Chopra attended one of Aditya’s events in Ahmedabad while promoting her film The Sky Is Pink, where she performed Dandiya to his songs.
- Gujarat Titans, who made their debut in the Indian Premier League 2022, released their theme song Aava De which was sung by Gujarati folk singer Aditya Gadhvi.
- On 26 January 2015, Aditya lent his voice to represent Gujarat’s tableau in the Republic Day Parade which took place in the presence of U.S.A’s President Barack Obama and our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and thousands of other guests.
- Aditya is fondly called Kaviraj by his friends and family members.
- Aditya is often featured in various newspapers.
- Aditya has a self-titled YouTube channel, where he posts his songs; the channel has more than 295k subscribers.
- Aditya is fond of cooking and likes to try new recipes.
- In 2018, Aditya performed at a TEDx event in the Laxmi Vilas Palace of Vadodara.
|↑2||The Times of India|