Varun Malhotra is an Indian financial expert and a YouTuber. He makes informative videos about the stock market.
Varun Malhotra’s hometown is New Delhi, and he did his schooling from Prayagraj (formerly known as Allahabad) Uttar Pradesh. Varun completed his graduation in the field of engineering, and then he pursued a Masters of Business Administration in accounting and finance at IIM Ahmedabad in 2008. He moved to America in 2008 to complete his MBA from Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri under a student exchange program. He then enrolled himself in the CFA in 2011 and completed the course in 2013. LinkedIn
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
There is not much information available about his family.
As an Engineer
Prior to working as a financial expert, Varun worked as an engineer at Technip for three years before quitting in 2007 to pursue his post-graduation.
As a Financial Expert
After completing his post-graduation, Varun established his firm Edge Institute for Financial Studies Pvt. Ltd. in Noida, Uttar Pradesh in 2009. According to him, his aim behind setting up his firm was to spread financial awareness and change the investment culture in India. He has acted as a financial advisor to leading firms like IOCL and Bank of America. He has even conducted seminars on financial savings for BSF soldiers. In an interview, he said,
We zeroed on index fund as a preferred option for soldiers to start SIP as it does not involve any continuous monitoring and requires no expert help to choose a fund. The index fund manager simply mirrors the index constituent weights.”
He is a popular face on reputed business TV shows. His website has pre-recorded lectures on the financial world, the stock market, and other related fields. Varun even conducts FLAP (Financial Literacy Awareness Program) seminars to promote financial literacy.
As a YouTuber
Mr. Malhotra started a self-titled YouTube channel in 2015 to educate people about the tactics of the world of stocks. He made videos answering the questions of novice traders and counselled them about the risks and benefits of the stock market. Varun has garnered a massive subscriber base, reaching 342K subscribers in March 2021.
- Varun gave a TEDx speech at the Indian Institute of Management, Amritsar in 2018.
- He is often invited by top business schools in India to conduct workshops and give lectures on financial markets.
- Varun is the youngest person to give a lecture on “Paradigm Shift in Finance” at the New Delhi Institute of Management (NDIM). He is also the youngest speaker who was invited by the Association of Technical Market Analyst (ATMA) to lecture on ‘Portfolio Management Techniques.’
- Mr. Malhotra received a certificate of acknowledgement from ISCI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) for his financial literacy initiatives in 2019.
- He deems American billionaire investor and business tycoon Warren Buffett as his mentor.