Tina Dabi, the IAS topper 2015, is the first-ever Scheduled Caste (ST) woman to secure the 1st rank in the IAS exam. She had a dream of becoming an IAS officer, so, she started to prepare for the UPSC Civil Services Examination in the first year of her graduation.
Tina Dabi is a 28 years old (born on 9 November 1993) girl from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Apart from intelligence, she is also very good looking with the healthy physical features 34-28-34 and 5’ 4” height.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She belongs to a middle-class SC Hindu family. Her father Jaswant Dabi is the General Manager of BSNL and her mother Himani Dabi is a former Indian engineering service (IES) officer. She has a younger sister Ria Dabi.
Tina met her future husband, Athar Aamir Khan; for the first time in 2015 at the IAS felicitation ceremony at the DOPT office in Delhi. They came close to each other during their IAS training period in the institute ‘Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy for Administration’ in Mussoorie. During this time, they also went on a trip to the Netherlands, Paris, and Rome. On 20 March 2018, she got married to Aamir who also became an IAS officer till this time.
In November 2020, after two years of marriage, the IAS couple filed for divorce with mutual consent in a Jaipur family court. Earlier, Tina had removed Khan from her surname on social media, and Athar too unfollowed her on Instagram around the same time. Business Today In August 2021, a family court in Jaipur approved their divorce plea. India Today On 20 April 2022, she got married to another IAS officer Pradeep Gawande at Hotel Holiday Inn in Jaipur; Pradeep is 13 years older than Tina Dabi.
The wedding reception of Tina Dabi and Pradeep Gawande was held in Jaipur on 22 April 2022.
From her childhood, she was very intelligent and extraordinary in studies. She secured 100% marks in History as well as in Political Science in her 12th standard ICSE exams. She completed her graduation (Bachelor of Arts in Political Science) from the ‘Lady Shri Ram College for Women,’ New Delhi. In 2016, she passed the IAS exam in her first attempt, with 52.49% marks.
- Her family moved to Delhi from Bhopal during her school days.
- Tina’s parents have qualified UPSC Indian Engineering Services exams before.
- Constitution of India and the Indian politics are her favourite topics since childhood.
- She was a talented debater during her school days and was a Vice Speaker of Youth Parliament (2012) in her college.
- In the first year exams of her graduation, she was among the toppers in Political Science stream at the Delhi University.
- Tina got the title ‘Student of the Year’ from Lady Shri Ram College.
- Initially, she made up her mind do a degree in commerce, but later she decided to prepare for the UPSC Civil Services Examination. For this, she took admission in RAU’s IAS Study Circle, New Delhi and used to study for nine to twelve hours daily with a fixed time schedule.
- She has a desire to work for the empowerment of women, so, after clearing IAS exam, she chose the Haryana cadre to fulfil her purpose, but the two vacancies there were already allocated to the Scheduled Tribe, hence, she had to be satisfied with the Rajasthan cadre which was her second option.
- She likes travelling and visited the tourist spots like the Netherlands, France, and Italy.
- She is also interested in making paintings.
- Tina is a fan of Shah Rukh Khan, Vin Diesel, Akshay Kumar, Aamir Khan and her favourite actresses are Priyanka Chopra and Sonam Kapoor.
- She loves the Bollywood movies – Andaz Apna Apna, 3 Idiots, Break Ke Baad, 2 States, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and Hollywood – Titanic, P.S. I Love You, Slumdog Millionaire, What Happens In Vegas, Mission: Impossible.
- In her home, she likes to watch TV shows like Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani, Khatron Ke Khiladi, How I Met Your Mother, Friends, and The Big Bang Theory.
- She is fond of reading and her favourite books are The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, Confessions of a Dying Mind: The Blind Faith Of Atheism by Haulianlal Guite.
- She loves the dish Momos and her favourite restaurant is Barbeque Nation.
- Tina’s mother is her role model who sacrificed her job for her career.
- She wants to become a Cabinet Secretary in the Indian Government.