Surya Sharma is an Indian actor who is known for his role as Rinku in the web series ‘Undekhi 2’ (2020-2022).
Surya Sharma was born on Tuesday, 27 February 1990 (age 32 years; as of 2022) in Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42 Inches, Waist: 34 Inches, Biceps: 14 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Surya’s father’s name is Ashwani Kumar Sharma, and he is a director. His mother’s name is Asha Kumar Sharma. He has one brother, Tarankit Sharma, who is an animator.
Wife & Children
Surya is unmarried.
Surya debuted with the Hollywood film The Rush Chairman (2017) in which he played the role of Fraternity Guy.
In 2018, he made his Bollywood debut with the film Veere Di Wedding as Arjun.
He made his digital debut with the web series Hostages (2019) in which he played the role of Prince.
Later, he appeared in the second season of Hostages in 2020. He also featured in the web series ‘These Black Black Eyes’ (2022) as Dharmesh. He also appeared in two seasons of the web series ‘Undekhi’ (2020-2022) as Rinku.
Surya made his television debut with the show Kala Teeka (2016) in which he played the role of Aryan.
In 2020, he won the Best Actor in a Negative Role for his performance in the web series Undekhi.
He owns a Tata Safari car and a jeep.
- Surya follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- He likes to travel, cook, and paint in his leisure time.
- He has a tattoo on his left hand.
- Surya was interested in acting since childhood. He won the first award in acting when he was in class three and played the role of a soldier in a skit on Children’s Day.
- When he was studying in boarding school, he was suspended from the school due to some reason.
- When Surya started his acting journey, he gave at least 800-900 auditions. Later, he was selected for a TV show, in which he got an opportunity to play a two-minute role for which he earned Rs. 1500.
- In an interview, he revealed that initially, he faced many rejections in the film industry.
- In an interview, he said that his parents were very supportive during his acting journey, and his father wanted him to become an artist. He further added,
If it wouldn’t have been for my parents, especially my dad, I wouldn’t have been in the industry. So, I have to work hard always to reach those heights of success.”
- He featured in various advertisements for brands like Pepperfry (2016) and Fortune (2017).
- Surya shot some episodes of the web series ‘Undekhi’ in his hometown, Hamirpur. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
This was the first time that my parents, especially my father visited me while I was shooting. I felt a bit nervous at first as I wanted him to see me give my best shots. It was very special to have his energy around me while shooting.”
- He is a fitness enthusiast and hits the gym regularly. In an interview, he talked about his diet and workout and said,
I like to run and do sports. I would rather be flexible and do my stunts than have rippling muscles. As far as food is concerned, he is a fan of dal and roti. “I am a pahadiya. I need my milk and ghee. The new-age vegan diet fads are not me.”
- Surya is a big fan of Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and while he was working with him, he gained a lot of knowledge about acting from him. He also added,
I have learned a lot from Nawaz bhai. After hearing him talk about his struggling days, I realized that I am on the right track.”
- Surya admires Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone a lot.
- He is a passionate animal lover and often posts pictures of them on social media. He adopted a dog and named him Tiger when he was shooting for the web series Undekhi in his hometown. The dog turned 1.5 years old in 2020.
- He enjoys drinking alcoholic beverages on various occasions.
- He is often featured in various newspapers and on magazine covers.