Shivranjani Tiwari is an Indian bhajan singer and kathavachak. In 2023, she came into the limelight for allegedly undertaking a padayatra from Gangotri Dham to Bageshwar Dham to fulfill her desire to marry the Indian kathavachak Dhirendra Krishna Shastri (Bageshwar Dham Sarkar).
Shivranjani Tiwari was born on Friday, 29 November 2002 (age 20 years; as of 2022) in Seoni, Madhya Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Later, her family moved to Haridwar, Uttarakhand from Madhya Pradesh. For around eight years, she studied music in Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh. Aaj Tak As of 2023, she is pursuing MBBS at AIIMS, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. Facebook – Shivranjani Tiwari
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
She belongs to the family of Brahmalin Jagadguruswami Swaroopanand Saraswati Maharaj.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Pandit Baijnath Tiwari, worked as a general manager at a motorcycle company. After quitting his job, he started working as a bhajan singer along with Shivranjani. Her mother, Poonam Tiwari, is a cancer medicines expert and works as a department head in a private firm in St. Francis, USA. She has a younger brother named Hari Tiwari.
She is unmarried.
At the age of 4, Shivranjani started singing bhajans and preaching kathas. Deeply rooted in spirituality, Shivranjani holds a profound reverence for the divine. Some of her bhajans are “Mere Angna Mein Ana Maiya” (2018), “Hey Maa Bhawani” (2019), and “Gagariya Bhar Ke” (2023).
She has conducted spiritual kathas and bhajans at various events. Some of her kathas have been aired on various religious channels like Disha.
Padyatra from Gangotri to Bageshwar Dham
Shivranjani Tiwari, accompanied by her family, embarked on a significant spiritual journey known as the Kalash Yatra on 1 May 2023. The yatra began from Gangotri Dham and was scheduled to conclude on 16 June 2023 at Bageshwar Dham. As per this revered Hindu tradition, she carried a sacred vessel filled with Gangajal (water from the holy river Ganga) throughout the day, seeking blessings from revered saints and sages along the way. Amidst Shivranjani Tiwari’s journey, rumours circulated on various social media platforms about her desire to marry the Indian kathavachak Dhirendra Krishna Shastri aka Bageshwar Dham Sarkar. In various media conversations, Shivranjani confirmed her intention to meet Dhirendra Krishna Shastri, however, she remained evasive about the speculations of marriage. In an interview, she said that she wanted to confess something to Dhirendra which she would reveal on 16 June 2023 in a live video.
- In 2019, she auditioned for the reality TV show ‘Indian Idol.’
- She is well-versed in playing the harmonium.
- Tiwari has been often called ‘Sur Kokila of India’ by her katha followers. Facebook – Shivranjani Tiwari
- Shivranjani Tiwari is an avid animal lover.
- In an interview, she shared that since 2021, she has been following Bageshwar Sham Sarkar. She also mentioned three things that she liked most about him. She said that firstly, he promoted Sanatan Dharma, which is an ancient Indian religious tradition. Secondly, his vision was to establish a cancer hospital, aiming to provide medical care for people battling cancer. Lastly, he aspired to see India become a Hindu Rashtra, a country where Hinduism holds a significant influence.
- She has a YouTube channel on which she uploads her bhajan videos. She has only three videos on her channel.