Sheryl Berkoff is an American makeup artist, jewelry, and interior designer. She is the wife of famous American actor Rob Lowe.
Sheryl Berkoff was born as ‘Sheryl Lynn Berkoff’ on Tuesday, June 20, 1961 (age 59 years; as in 2020), in Los Angeles, California. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. She studied Fashion Designing at FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Family & Ethnicity
She was raised by her single mother and grandmother along with her sister.
In the 1980s, she was dating Emilio Estevez; an American actor and filmmaker.
She has dated the Canadian actor, author, director, and musician Keanu Reeves.
When she was dating Emilio, she was introduced to Emilio’s friend and American actor, director, and producer Rob Lowe. In 1983, she went on a blind date with Rob. In 1989, they met again on the sets of the film ‘Bad Influence.’ They began dating each other and got married on June 22, 1991.
The couple has two sons, Edward Matthew Lowe (born in 1993), and John Owen Lowe (born in 1995).
At a young age, she began making jewelry as a form of self-expression. In 1985, she started her career as a makeup artist for the pornographic video ‘Treasure Box.’ Before making her entry in Hollywood, she worked as a makeup artist in the pornographic films, Little Muffy Johnson (1985), Matrina Vie (1985), Breaking In (1986), and Living Doll (1987). She started her career in Hollywood as an assistant to makeup artist with the film ‘Body Slam’ (1986).
She has worked as a makeup artist in the films, 1969 (1988), Renegades (1989), Bad Influence (1990), Eve Of Destruction (1991), Frankie and Johnny (1991), The Finest Hour (1992), The Vanishing (1993), and Ghost in the Machine (1993). She also worked as the hair and makeup stylist for her husband, Rob, in the TV series ‘Who Do You Think You Are?’ (2012).
After working in films, she shifted her focus to interior designing, where she earned multiple features in various magazines for her work. After traveling across the world, her love for jewelry was reignited, and she started her own jewelry line called ‘Sheryl Lowe’ in 2007.
Her jewelry can be found with fine retailers and boutiques such as Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. Her jewelry has been worn by celebrities such as Maria Shriver, Gwen Stefani, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz, and Oprah Winfrey.
In 2008, Sheryl’s former nanny, Jessica Gibson, filed a suit against her and her husband for alleged sexual assault and harassment, after Sheryl’s family filed a suit against Gibson, who apparently threatened them with sexual assault allegations and demanded $1.5 million for her silence in the matter. Sheryl and her husband also filed a suit against another former nanny and a chef, alleging them of conspiring with outsiders and making false allegations against them. Today
- Actress(s): Bianca Jagger, Brigitte Bardot
- Color: Turquoise
- Travel Destination(s): India, China, Africa, France, Tangier in Morocco
- She likes traveling, visiting the sea, and collecting sea glass.
- She is an official member of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) since 2019.
- She is best friends with Maria Shriver, an American journalist, author, and former First Lady of California.
- According to Rob Lowe, his recovery from alcohol addiction is credited to his wife who was her biggest supporter. Lowe claims that it was Sheryl who encouraged him to quit drinking.
- A portion of Sheryl Lowe (her jewelry brand) proceeds is donated to support organizations such as The Women’s Alzheimer’s Movement, Teach for America, UNICEF, and Child Mind Institute.
- She is the sister-in-law of the actor and director Chad Lowe, and his wife, Kim Painter.