Rupali Ganguly is an Indian actress and theatre artist. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Monisha Sarabhai’ in the TV serial, “Sarabhai VS Sarabhai.”
Rupali Ganguly was born on Tuesday, 5 April 1977 (age 43 years; as in 2020) in Calcutta, West Bengal. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
She graduated in Hotel Management. Rupali was inclined towards acting from a very young age and always desired to become an actress. While in college, she joined a theatre group and started doing plays. She bagged her first acting assignment at the age of seven in the Bollywood film, Saaheb (1985). She, then played a small role in her father’s film, “Balidan.”
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
Rupali Ganguly belongs to a Bengali Hindu Family. IMBD
Parents & Siblings
Rupali is the daughter of the late director and screenwriter, Anil Ganguly. Not much is known about her mother. Her brother, Vijay Ganguly is an actor and producer.
Husband & Children
Rupali Ganguly got married to Ashwin K Verma (Businessman) on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 after dating him for a few years. The couple has a son Rudransh who was born on 25 August 2015.
Rupali Ganguly made her television debut in 2000 with the TV serial, “Sukanya.” Next, she featured in the TV serials, “Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahi” and “Zindagi…Teri Meri Kahani.” In 2003, Rupali played the role of ‘Dr. Simran’ in the TV serial, “Sanjivani” and earned recognition.
Rupali gained immense popularity by playing the role of ‘Monisha Sarabhai’ in the TV serial, “Sarabhai vs Sarabhai.”
Subsequently, she played pivotal roles in many TV serials, like “Bhabhi,” “Kkavyanjali,” “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii,” “Aapki Antara,” and “Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi.”
Rupali also participated in many reality shows, like “Bigg Boss Season 1,” “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 2,” and “Kitchen Champion 2.” She has even featured in many films, like “Angaara,” “Do Ankhen Barah Hath,” and “Satrangee Parachute.”
In 2020, she made a comeback to the Indian television (after almost 7 years) with the TV serial “Anupama.”
- Food: Aloo Parantha
- Beverage: Tea
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Travel Destination: London
- Colour: Blue
- Her hobbies include travelling and swimming.
- Rupali follows a vegan diet.
- Rupali is often confused with the veteran actress, Roopa Ganguly; because of their similar sounding names.
- In 1999, Rupali worked in the shelved film, “Pardesi Mera Dil Le Gaya.”
- Her friends and family fondly call her Roopa and Rups. IMBD
- Rupali is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog, Radha Ganguly.
- In August 2018, Rupali Ganguly was attacked by two men at a traffic signal in Mumbai. The men broke her Car’s window and hurled abuses at her. The incident happened after Rupali’s car mistakenly touched the bike of the two men at Bharat Nagar Signal in Mumbai. The actress even apologised them for her mistake but they were in no mood to listen. Hindustan Times
References [ + ]