RJ Aabhimanyu is an Indian radio jockey who is known for hosting the show ‘Swayamvar: Mika Di Vohti’ on Star Bharat.
Aabhimanyu Kak The Times of India was born on Sunday, 4 August 1990 (age 31 years; as of 2021) in Chandigarh. His zodiac sign is Leo. He attended St Joseph’s High School, Chandigarh. In 2007, he pursued a Bachelor of Computer Application degree at Panjab University, Chandigarh. In 2010, he pursued a Master of Journalism and Mass Communication degree at Amity University, Noida. Shehjar
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40 Inches, Waist: 34 Inches, Biceps: 12 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Aabhimanyu’s father’s name is Anil Kak, who is an actor.
His mother’s name is Rita Kak.
His sister’s name is Anmol Kak.
Wife & Children
Aabhimanyu got married Manisha Sharma Kak on 12 November 2016. Their son’s name is Adhiraj Kak.
Aabhimanyu started his career as a radio jockey at an early age. He joined All India Radio as a trainee when he was in high school. There he used to do voiceover for already recorded shows. He started hosting a prime-time morning segment on a radio station in 2008 while he was pursuing his graduation and earned Rs. 30,000 per month. In 2012, after completing his post-graduation, started doing international shows in Canada’s Vancouver and Ontario. In 2012, he started hosting a romantic show on 94.3 MY FM in Chandigarh after coming back to India. In an interview, he said that he was not satisfied with his job because he was not hosting a prime-time morning segment show. He also created a rock band “By Chance Music Creators” (BCMC) that performed all over Punjab. When he was a part of the rock band, he was offered a job at Delhi Radio City in Delhi, where he played the guitar and sang love songs for the audience on the radio. In an interview, he said that he was not happy with his job even at Delhi Radio City which is why he decided to start a career in television. In 2014, he finally got a chance to host a morning prime-time segment after he joined 92.7 Big FM, Chandigarh.
In 2014, his journey on television started when he was offered the show India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj. He was in the top 12 on the show, but later, he was evicted from the show. In an interview, he talked about his elimination and said,
The styrofoam balls would float up in the air and the scene would be perfectly poised for winter romance depicting white snowflakes. As I opened my hand to let these tiny particles fly, I felt a strange sensation at the back of my throat and within a second I collapsed on floor. What had happened was that one of these flying particles had lodged itself down my wind pipe causing me to collapse. I was given CPR and there was panic at the scene. They said they would call me back into the show using the wild card strategy. I waited for them for 18 days to get back to me. They didn’t. And they did not air this episode on TV either. I was eliminated from the show based on this freak accident in August, 2014.”
In 2017, he hosted the comedy show ‘Happy Hours’ on &TV.
In 2021, he was a commentator on VIVO Pro Kabaddi.
Apart from this, he has also sung many songs that include Woh Raatein, Hai Tu Meri, and So High High. In an interview, he talked about the song Woh Raatein and said,
I always wanted to sing in the indie space and this single couldn’t have come at a better time. The concept and lyrics will definitely strike a chord with the audiences and I hope they enjoy the track.”
- He owns a Harley Davidson bike.
- He owns a Pulsar bike.
- He owns a Royal Enfield bike.
- He owns a Hyundai SUV car.
- He owns a Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
- Aabhimanyu follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- His hobbies include travelling, singing, and playing cricket.
- Aabhimanyu’s father played a crucial role in introducing him to the media platform. He started teaching him about radio when Aabhimanyu was young.
- In 2010, he hosted IPL Season 3 at a cricket stadium in Mohali.
- He received the title of the ‘Youngest Aired RJ of India,’ and ‘India’s Most Versatile RJ.’
- In an interview, when he was asked what he would have become had he not become a radio jockey, he said that when he was in college, he was always interested in cricket and played cricket at the state level for Punjab and sports clubs across Chandigarh. He also said that he also aspired to become a pilot, but he could not clear the flying exam because he wore glasses.
- In 2020, he founded a Digital Media Management Company named Social360 Media.
- He is often featured in various newspapers.
- He is a passionate animal lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
- He regularly hits the gym and often posts pictures of his workout on social media.
|↑1||The Times of India|