Raveena Tandon is an Indian actress, producer, television personality, and a former model who primarily works in Bollywood. She has played varieties of roles in different genres of films, establishing herself as one of the most popular Bollywood actresses. She is popularly known as the “Mast Mast Girl.”
Raveena Tandon Thadani was born on 26 October 1974 (age 46 years; as in 2020) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She did her schooling from Mumbai’s Jamnabai Narsee School and went to Mithibai College to pursue her Bachelors in Arts. She had to drop out her college after 2 years due to her increasing popularity as a Bollywood actress. As a child, she wanted to be an IPS officer or a Pilot. Tandon never thought of becoming an actress. However, when she was in the middle of her internship at Genesis PR, she received a call from Shantanu Sheorey’s office saying that they wanted to shoot her for an advertisement. At the age of 15, she was offered an advertisement for Sunsilk which was her first project.
Height: 5′ 6″
Weight: 60 kg
Figure Measurement: 34-28-34
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Raveena Tandon belongs to a Hindu Family. Her father, Ravi Tandon, is a producer. Her mother’s name is Veena Tandon.
She has a brother, Rajiv Tandon, who is an actor.
She is the niece of the supporting actor, Mac Mohan. She is the cousin of director and producer, Manjari Makijany, and actress, Kiran Rathod.
In the 90s, Raveena was reported to be in a relationship with the Bollywood actor, Ajay Devgn. The actor dumped her after falling in love with Karishma Kapoor.
She then came into a relationship with Akshay Kumar and the couple got engaged in 1994. The duo called off their engagement 3 years after their engagement because Raveena was unhappy with Akshay’s Casanova image and with his linkup rumours with Rekha.
In 2003, Raveena got into a relationship with the film distributor, Anil Thadani. The couple got married on 22 February 2004 and has a son, Ranbir Thadani, and a daughter, Rasha Thadani.
Raveena has also adopted two girls Pooja and Chayya in 1995.
Raveena made her acting debut in 1991 with the Bollywood film “Patthar Ke Phool.”
Her performance in the film was appraised by the audience and won her a Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year. Subsequently, she featured in many hit films including Laadla (1994), Dilwale (1994), Mohra (1994), Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), Ziddi (1997), Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998) and Dulhe Raja (1998).
In 1999, she made her Kannada film debut with the movie “Upendra.”
In the 2000s, Raveena went to work in art films and realistic cinema which won her huge acclaims. In 2001, her performance in the film Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence bagged her a National Film Award for Best Actress. Her last appearance before she took a long break from acting was in the movie “Sandwich” in 2006. She made her Bollywood comeback with the film “Bombay Velvet” in 2015.
In addition to acting, Tandon has produced two films. She has hosted the TV shows “Isi Ka Naam Zindagi” and “Simply Baatien With Raveena.” She has also appeared as a judge on TV shows like “Sabse Bada Kalakar,” “The Drama Company,” and Nach Baliye 9.”
- During the ongoing #MeToo movement in India, Raveena Tandon tweeted in support of the movement after which a lot of Twitterati’s linked her tweet to her past relationship with Akshay Kumar. However, later, she slammed the Twitterati’s by saying that she did not tweet just because of her past life but because of what she had seen happening to the women in the industry.
- In 2018, When there were several strikes by the farmers going on in various states, Raveena tweeted that anyone who was harming public properties and commodities should be instantly arrested. After her tweets, she was trolled for her insensitivity and political leanings. She immediately deleted her post after that and tweeted that she never meant farmers and she was talking about antisocials. She also blamed media for distorting her comments.
- In 2018, Raveena courted controversy after shooting for a commercial in ‘no camera zone’ at Lingaraj Temple in Odisha’s capital city of Bhubaneswar. The incident came into highlight after a clip featuring the Raveena giving beauty tips at Lingaraj Temple in Odisha’s capital city of Bhubaneswar was uploaded on the social media. An FIR was filed by the authorities of the temple against her.
- In 2015, she sued matrimonial sites such as Shaadi.com and Shaaditimes.com for using her images for promotional causes without her permission.
- Awadh Samman by the Government of Uttar Pradesh (2002)
- National Film Award for Best Actress for the film “Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence” (2002)
- Lux New Face of the Year for the film “Patthar Ke Phool” (1993)
- Special Performance Award for the film “Aks” (2002)
Net Worth & Salary
Raveena’s net worth is expected to be $7 million. She receives a fee of Rs. 1-2 crore per film.
Raveena’s car collection includes Audi Q7 and Bentley Continental Flying Spur.
- Food: Dhokla, Tandoori Paneer, Tandoori Chicken
- Actress: Neetu Singh
- Films: Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958), Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983), Padosan (1968)
- Perfume: Angel by Thierry Mugler
- Travel Destination: Switzerland
- Watch Brand: Audemars Piguet
- Car: Pajero
- Her hobbies include reading and dancing.
- Raveena never thought of becoming an actress, but with her friends and people around her complimenting her looks, she later realised that she could become an actress.
- While working as an intern under Prahlad Kakkar (ad-maker) at Genesis PR; she got her first offer for the film.
- Tandon had a huge crush on Sanjay Dutt in her teenage.
- Reportedly, she was engaged to Akshay Kumar but didn’t reveal it because of Akshay taking a threat to his career and female fan following.
- She refused to do movies like “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998),” “Dil To Pagal Hai (1997),” and “Gupt (1997),” because of her 2-year break from acting.
- Tandon was the chairperson of Children’s Film Society of India from 2003 to 2004. In 2005, she resigned from her post citing personal reasons.
- Apart from being an actor and producer, Raveena is a columnist also.
- Her name, Raveena, is an outcome of the combination of her father’s name Ravi and her mother’s name, Veena Tandon.
- She resides at Nippon Society, Tandon House, Juhu Church, Mumbai.
- In 2017, Raveen featured in the film “Shab” in which she romanced a 13 year younger actor to her. The film had so many bold scenes that the censor board stopped the release of the film on the television.
- Tandon considers her parents as her role models.
- According to some sources, Raveena Tandon did not charge anything for doing the film “Bombay Velvet.”
- Raveena has got inked a scorpion just below her neck and her kids’ Rasha and Ranbir’s Kundli names “Vardhan” and “Vishakha” on the back of her shoulder.