Punit J. Pathak is an Indian actor, dancer, and choreographer. He came into the spotlight after participating in the dance reality show “Dance India Dance 2.”
Punit Pathak was born on Sunday, 1 November 1987 (age 33 years; as of 2020) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
His family has its roots in Kutch, Gujarat. Punit attended Bombay Cambridge School and went to Mumbai’s St. Xavier’s College to pursue his graduation. Punit developed a great interest in cricket in his childhood. He used to play cricket during his school days. Although he never danced in his school days, Punit actively took part in dance during his college talent fests. When he was just 17 years old, he won a scholarship for dance training from Terence Lewis‘ Dance Academy. At the age of 21, Punit quitted Terence’s dance academy and started working as an assistant director. Subsequently, he auditioned for “Dance India Dance Season 2” and got selected for the show.
Height (approx.): 5’ 5”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about his parents. He has a younger brother, Nitish Pathak.
Relationships & Wife
After getting engaged to Nidhi Moony Singh in August 2020, he got married to her on Friday, 11 December 2020
Punit Pathak started his career as a dancer in 2009 by participating in the dance reality show “Dance India Dance 2.” He emerged as the second runner-up of the show. Next, he appeared in the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4” as a choreographer. In 2011, he assisted Remo D’Souza in choreographing the songs of the film “F.A.L.T.U.”
Punit made his acting debut in 2013 with the Bollywood film “ABCD: Any Body Can Dance” in which he played the role of ‘Chandu.’ Subsequently, he appeared in Bollywood films “ABCD 2,” “Nawabzaade,” and “Street Dancer.”
In 2015, Punit judged Zee TV’s dance reality show “Dance India Dance Season 5.” He has choreographed many seasons of the dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, including season 5, 6, and 7.
In 2019, he won the stunt reality show “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 9.” Punit, along with his dance team, has also performed in the sangeet ceremony of Isha Ambani.
- Actor: Ranbir Kapoor
- Dancer(s): Michael Jackson, Wade Robson
- Choreographer: Remo D’Souza
- Sport: Cricket
- His hobbies include dancing and playing cricket.
- Punit considers Remo D’Souza as his mentor.
- In his teenage, Punit wanted to become a filmmaker or a cricketer.
- His father was against his decision of becoming a dancer. He wanted Punit to join him in his business. However, Punit’s mother always supported him in his decision of becoming a dancer.
- Punit is good friends with Mouni Roy.
- Punit shares a great bond with his maternal grandmother.
- Punit loves collecting shoes and has a huge collection of them.
- He is an avid dog lover and keeps sharing his pictures with dogs through his Instagram account.
- Punit revealed in an interview that he aspired to become a filmmaker someday.
- During an interview, Punit revealed that when he had left Terence Lewis’ dance academy, he was so low on his budget that he used to spend only Rs. 15 (Rs. 10 on Noodles and Rs. 5 on Biscuits) on his food for the entire day.