Mugdha Agarwal is an Indian actress who primarily appears in Hindi web series on YouTube. In 2023, she came into the limelight for playing the role of Tara in the web series Unsorted on Disney+ Hotstar.
Mugdha Agarwal was born on Tuesday, 14 January 1997 (age 26 years; as of 2023) in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. Mugdha did her schooling till matriculation at La Martiniere Girls’ College in Lucknow. She pursued Classes 11 and 12 at the City Montessori School in Lucknow. In 2015, Mugdha enrolled herself at the Jaypee Institute of Information Technology in Noida, where she pursued a Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Biotechnology. In 2017, she worked as a research trainee at the Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences in Lucknow. In 2018, from May to July, Mugdha worked as a summer researcher at the Shiva Pathology Lab and Diagnostic Research Centre Private Limited in Lucknow. In June 2019, she worked as a research fellow at the Jaypee Institute of Information Technology in Noida for thirteen months till September 2020. LinkedIn
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 33-26-33
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
Mugdha’s father, Dr Pradeep Agarwal, works as a surgeon at the UP Provincial Medical Health Services.
Her mother’s name is Dr Manisha Agarwal. Mugdha has a younger brother, Manan Agarwal.
Mugdha is unmarried.
Mugdha acted in various YouTube comedy videos like Jab We Met During Lockdown (2020), Ek Anokha Pyaar Part II (2020), Sardi Wala Pyaar (2020), Arranged Marriage In Lockdown (2020), Alright! Relationship Issues – Girlfriend Vs Bestfriend (2022), Nostalgia Wala General Store (2022), Pyar Dosti Aur Childhood Myths (2022), and When Your Bestfriend Gets Her Period (2023).
In 2021, Mugdha played the role of Pinki in the short film Pinki Ki Shaadi on YouTube.
In 2022, she acted in the short film Raat Baaki- Ex Crashing Your Wedding Night in which she played the role of Richa on YouTube.
In 2021, Mugdha appeared in two mini web series Dating College Junior as Yashi and Tuition Ke Baad as Sneha on YouTube.
In 2022, she appeared in the sequel of the web series Dating College Junior. In the same year, Mugdha appeared in a few web series like Sonu Beauty Parlour as Pooja on YouTube, Couple Goals Season 3 as Jenny on Amazon miniTV, Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai as Apoorva on YouTube, and Ye Saali Naukri as Jyoti on YouTube.
In 2023, she played the role of Tara in the web series Unsorted on Disney+ Hotstar.
- Inclined towards acting from a young age, Mugdha actively participated in various competitions during the school’s annual function and inter-school events. While completing her graduation, she participated in various modelling events, stage shows, dramas, and street plays.
- Mugdha belonged to a family of scholars like doctors and engineers, who had no connection with the film industry. In an interview, Mugdha revealed that despite her interest in acting since childhood, she didn’t get the opportunity to pursue an acting course at a film school.
- In an interview, on being asked how she learnt to act, Mugdha stated that she grasped acting by observing different people and by reading novels by various authors.
- On 20 November 2016, Mugdha appeared on a talk show on NDTV hosted by the television journalist Barkha Dutt, which focussed on the main aspects of demonetisation on the Indian economy.
- Being an avid book lover, Mugdha is fond of reading different genres of books.
- In 2021, Mugdha was featured in the commercial advertisement for PAYBACK India.
- In 2022, Mugdha was featured in the print advertisement of the footwear brand Neoz.
- Being a social activist, Mugdha works as a student volunteer at Bhumi, a non-profit organization in Chennai, which aims at providing support to various causes such as education, animal welfare, and community upliftment.
- Mugdha has a pet dog and she often shares pictures of her pet on social media.