Mohammed Ashiq is an Indian chef who became famous after winning the competitive cooking game show MasterChef India Season 8 in 2023.
Mohammed Ashiq (also spelt as Mohammed Aashiq or Muhammad Aashiq) was born on Tuesday, 24 November 1998 (age 25 years; as of 2023) in Mangaluru (popularly known as Mangalore), Karnataka, India. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He completed his schooling at the Milagres High School, Mangaluru.
He started learning cooking when he was studying in7th standard. As a child, he used to make food for his family and friends who praised his culinary skills and motivated him to pursue a career in cooking. He wanted to pursue a degree in hotel management; however, his financial condition was not good which forced him to start his juice hub.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents.
He has a younger sister who is married. His brother-in-law lives in Dubai.
Wife & Children
He is unmarried and does not have any children.
Chef & cooking competitions
Mohammed Ashiq opened his juice shop named Kulukki Hub in the late 2010s and experimented with the dishes in his shop. He won the cooking reality TV show Master Class Chef of the Year Season 1 in 2020 which aired on Namma TV.
He auditioned for the MasterChef India Season 7 in 2023 which aired on SET and SonyLIV; however, he could not qualify for the Top 40 and was eliminated. He went back to his juice shop business after elimination and started preparing to audition for MasterChef India Season 8, but his mother wanted him to shift to Dubai and work as a chef there. Ashiq convinced his mother to let him participate in MasterChef India Season 8 which aired on SonyLIV in 2023.
He later entered the show by making his signature dish, Fish Fry Mangalorean style, and won the show by beating Suraj Thapa, Rukhsaar Sayeed, and Nambie Jessica Marak in the final. Ashiq received the winner’s trophy and a cash prize of Rs 25 lakhs.
After winning the show, he revealed that he was the only earning member of his family, credited his family and friends for their support and said that he would utilize the cash award to open a restaurant in partnership with his brother-in-law.
- Chef: Vikas Khanna
- Food: Prawns Ghee Roast, Neer Dosa, Boiled Rice, Rasam
- Kitchen Ingredients: Seafood, Dried Red Chillies
- In an interview, Mohammed Ashiq said that his best signature dish was Ocean View, which he prepared in the final of MasterChef India season 8 in 2023. He also added that he would like to learn more about continental cuisine.
- Chef Ranveer Brar praised Ashiq’s culinary skills and also gave him his knife during an episode of the TV show MasterChef India Season 8.
- He often posts photos and videos of different dishes prepared by him on his Instagram page named MasterChef Mohammed Ashiq. Instagram – MasterChef Mohammed Ashiq
- He was given the name Mangalorian Maverick Chef during his participation in MasterChef India Season 8. Instagram – MasterChef Mohammed Ashiq