Madhyama Segal is an Indian actress and Indian classical dancer. She is the great-granddaughter of the legendary dancer and actress Zohra Sehgal. In 2023, she appeared in Netflix’s crime drama TV series ‘Class.’ which is an adaptation of the 2018 Spanish drama series ‘Elite.’
Madhyama Segal was born on Friday, 28 October 1994 (age 28 years; as of 2022). Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She studied History in college. The Times of India Her maternal grandmother, Kiran Segal, trained her in the Odissi dance form.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Madhyama Segal has got many tattoos inked on his body.
- On her waist: A bow and an arrow
- On her right wrist: ‘Unfold your own myth’
- On her left arm: Vintage monogram design
- On her left hand’s middle finger: Three rings
- On her left foot: A vintage star tattoo
She has got her nose pierced on both sides.
Madhyama Segal belongs to a family of actors and dancers in New Delhi.
Parents & Siblings
Her mother, Sujata Segal, is an Indian actress and has worked in many TV shows and films. Sujata had Madhyama when she was 21 years old. Later, the couple got divorced. She moved from Delhi to Chennai after she got married for the second time; however, the couple got separated. The Times of India Sujata Segal has worked in many Hindi films including ‘Yuva’ (2004), ‘Black Friday’ (2004), ‘Nazar’ (2005), ‘Heroine’ (2012), and ‘Namaste Wahala’ (2020).
She is unmarried.
Zohra Sehgal, a veteran Indian actress, was the maternal great-grandmother of Madhyama Segal. Zohra Sehgal died of old age on 10 July 2014. The Indian Express Zohra Sehgal received Padma Shri in 1998. She worked in many Hindi and English language films including ‘Dharti Ke Lal’ (1946), ‘Heer’ (1956), ‘The Long Duel’ (1967), ‘The Vengeance of She’ (1968), ‘Dil Se..’ (1998), and ‘Veer-Zaara’ (2004).
Her maternal grandmother, Kiran Segal, is an Indian classical dancer, who is professionally trained in Odissi.
She is a trained Odissi dancer and has performed on stage.
She also practices contemporary dance forms and teaches dance students. In 2021, she started contemporary dance classes on weekends for beginners.
She often teaches dance at various dance studios and workshops. She is a member of Allstars Studio and in 2019, she organised a dance workshop at Allstar Studio.
In 2020, she performed in the music video of the song ‘Paayal’ by rapper VOID.
She has worked in many theatrical productions. In 2023, he played the role of
- When she was a kid, she played the role of a monkey (Vanar Sena) in Ramleela.
- In 2014, India International Centre (IIC) and Pallavi Odissi Nritya Sangeet Vidyalaya run by her maternal grandmother, Kiran Segal, organised an event in memory of her mother, Zohra Sehgal, in which she presented Madhyama Segal a brief Odissi recital conducted by Kiran Segal.
- She performed at Sangeet Natak Akademi’s Rabindra Pranati Festival, the Khajuraho dance festival, and the Konark Dance Festival. She has also performed abroad including in China and Singapore. She also performed under the aegis of ICCR’s tribute to Africa.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol in public.