Kiran Dembla is an Indian female fitness trainer, classical singer, mountaineer, DJ, and photographer. She was a classical singer during her youth. She joined the gym after she was diagnosed with health ailments due to her pregnancies and went on to become a celebrity fitness trainer in her mid-30s. She represented India in one bodybuilding championship abroad.
Kiran Dembla was born on Sunday, 10 November 1974 (age 48 years; as of 2022) in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She was interested in music since childhood and gave her first stage show at the age of four years. She finished her intermediate in 1992 at the Shri Ratan Muni Jain Inter College, Loha Mandi, Agra. She gave various stage shows when she was in college and attained her master’s degree in Bharatiya Shastriya Gayan. She moved to Hyderabad from Agra after her marriage; however, she gained significant weight after the birth of her children and weighed 75 kg. In late 2003, she suddenly lost her speech and ability to move her head, which the doctor diagnosed as a result of a blood clot in her brain. She was prescribed medications, which made her lethargic, and she purchased a Harmonium and a table to give music classes at her home; however, she stopped giving music classes after 2 years. In 2007, she joined yoga classes nearby her house to lose weight; however, it got shut after a few months, and she joined a swimming academy in her neighbourhood. She went there for one year, and she then decided to join a gym.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 36″ 28″ 36″
She belongs to a Sindhi family.
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about his parents; however, her father is a retired banker, and her mother is a homemaker.
Husband & Children
She got married to Ajit Dembla, an IT professional, in 1997. Her daughter Priyanka Dembla was born on 4 February 1999, and her son Kshitij was born on 11 August 2002. She posted a photo on Facebook in which she wrote that she was a single mother.
She was shy when she started going to the gym, and sometimes, she would go wearing a salwar kameez and try to work out alone. She made friends in the gym and lost 24 kgs in the first 7 months of going to the gym. She found an online course offered by American Muscle and Fitness Personal Trainer Institute and did that course to become a fitness trainer. She told her husband that she wanted to open a gym and sold her jewellery and took a loan. She then opened a small gym in a rented flat in her locality where she started training people. Indian actor Ram Charan Teja came to know about her and was impressed by her transformation. He asked her to train his wife Upasana after which she became popular as a gym trainer. She trained actress Tamannah Bhatia, Rakul Preet Singh, Taapsee Pannu, Deeksha Seth, Prakash Raj, S. S. Rajamouli, Anushka Shetty and several other popular figures. At the age of 37, she got inspired to make six-pack abs and achieved it after 8 months of rigorous training. Although she never participated in any bodybuilding competition in India, she was invited by the Indian Body Building Federation to participate in a World Bodybuilding Championship in Budapest, Hungary. She won 6th position and the title for best figure overall. She later opened a gym Sweatzone Gym in partnership with Laxman Reddy in Begumpet, Hyderabad.
In 2017, she gained an interest in Disc Jockeying (DJ) and completed a six-month course in the same. She has hosted various national and international events as a DJ. Her DJ name is DJ KD Belle.
She is an avid mountaineer and has done several treks. She has trekked to the base camp of Mount Everest thrice and has completed Winter Kuari Pass Trek in Uttarakhand and the Zanskar Gorge trek in Ladakh.
At the age of 45, she gained an interest in photography and completed a photography course at Photriya Academy, Hyderabad.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Debut Female DJ Award by the Telangana Chamber of Events Industry in 2017
- Telangana Women brand leadership award in the Telangana Best Brand Awards in 2019
- Women’s leadership award in 2021
- A photoshoot was done by Sarath Shetty in 2013 showcasing her six-pack abs and toned physique and the photos were displayed in an exhibition named Super Mom in the Muse Art Gallery in Hotel Marriott, Hyderabad in July 2013. It was inaugurated by Indian film director S. S. Rajamouli and actress Anushka Shetty. Fully Hyderabad
- Her father-in-law passed away 15 days before the World Bodybuilding Championship in Budapest, Hungary due to which she was unable to follow her diet plan; however, she ate the food she could find and went on to participate in the championship.
- She walked down the ramp as a model during the Hyderabad Fashion Week’, held at Hyderabad International Convention Center, in Hyderabad on 31 July 2013.
- She once met with an accident with a two-wheeler when she was driving the car, and the person started abusing her. She stepped out of her car, and after seeing her, the person became silent. She slapped the person and told him to never abuse women.
- She has a pet dog Arya, and she has got her pet dog’s tattoo inked on her left forearm.
- In May 2022, she appeared as a guest in an episode of the singing reality show Singing Superstar 2 aired on Sony TV and various other TV shows.
- She was a guest speaker at the Women’s conference on 20 March 2021 conducted by the Bahrain Chapter of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (BCICAI). BCICAI
- She gave a TEDx talk on 5 August 2017.
- A renowned producer named Dr. Deepak Singh announced in September 2022 that he will produce a movie about her life. The movie will be an adaptation of the book written by the producer himself. Hindustan Times
- Her pushup record is 49 pushups in a row.
- She always does breathing exercises and Pranayam in the morning. She also does face yoga. The New Indian Express
- When she is training, her biceps are 14.5 inches, and when she is not training, her biceps are 13 inches.
- Her favourite body part to train is the biceps.
- She participated in Hyderabad 10k run in 2017.
- She likes to ride motorcycles.